HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Data Platforms and Operations Senior ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for oversight, governance and administration of Amgens global commercial data and analytics warehouse and lead cross functional data and analytics enablement efforts. This role will report to the Director of Data Management and will be part of a cross functional data governance team to ensure timely and accurate data for business analysis and decision making.
- Lead the global commercial data lake(s) at Amgen as a business owner
- Lead and participate in strategizing the creation of best-in-class data and analytics platforms
- Lead new capabilities, including but not limited to, requests that have an impact on multiple domains in pharma (ex. Medical, commercial, compliance, etc.)
- Development of Data, Data Products, Engineering roadmap and capabilities
- Responsible for the management of both identified as well as de-identified patient data sets
- Develops and Oversees ongoing Data Governance & Administration for both Operational and Analytical needs
- Primary Global Lead for all connected data in the organizations global data lake
- Creating prototypes and demos to better access and use data
- Be an integral part of cross functional teams on projects and/or programs with aims to systematically derive insights that drive substantial business value for Amgen and our patients
- Identifying business needs and proposing potential analytics approaches for solutions
- Creating prototypes and demonstrations to better access and apply data assets
- Presenting analysis ideas, progress and results to leadership and business partners
- Ensuring systems meet business requirements and industry standard methodologies
- Assuring compliance with regulatory, security, and privacy requirements as it relates to data assets
- Ad-hoc projects and analysis would be a standing 10-20% of the role
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a go getter with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Doctorate degree and 2 years of analytics experience OR commercial operations experience
Masters degree and 6 years of analytics experience OR commercial operations experience
Bachelors degree and 8 years of analytics experience OR commercial operations experience
Associates degree and 10 years of analytics experience OR commercial operations experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of analytics experience OR commercial operations experience
2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resourcesPreferred Qualifications:
- Biotech and/or Pharma industry experience
- Multiple functional experience (i.e. Medical, Commercial, Compliance, Finance, etc.)
- Experience in implementing and building global capabilities
- Experience with working in a global role
- MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Applied Physics, Statistics, Operations
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in commercial operations
- Prior business consulting experience in technology domain
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is$140,400-171,600.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.