About the Department
Dicerna, a Novo Nordisk company, is focused on driving innovation in RNAi (ribonucleic acid interference) to selectively target and silence genes that cause or contribute to disease. Our proprietary GalXC™ and GalXC-Plus™ RNAi technologies have the potential to address conditions that are difficult or impossible to treat with other modalities. Established as a Transformational Research Unit (TRU) following Novo Nordisk’s acquisition of Dicerna Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in December 2021, the Dicerna TRU is a unique new organization within Novo Nordisk that brings together the best of both worlds – the agility, collaborative pioneering spirit and calculated risk-taking profile of a biotech along with the scale, resources and capabilities of a global leader in drug development. With approximately 200 researchers, scientists, drug developers and operational staff, we are a team of inventive and entrepreneurial thinkers pushing the boundaries of science to create and drive new RNAi-based therapies for both rare and more prevalent diseases from the bench to the clinic. Together, we are driving change. Are you ready to make a difference?
Associate Application Analyst will be responsible for escalated incidents, requests from the IT Helpdesk, assisting our Executive Team and end users in multiple locations. The Associate Application Analyst will also be responsible for improving and creating new IT processes to help streamline the business. The Associate Application Analyst will escalate incidents to specialized support if needed. The position calls for superior technical, and presentation skills to thrive in a fast-paced growing company. The role is high visibility and high customer-touch, so an upbeat, positive attitude combined with a passion for delivering first in class IT services is essential to success.
Reports to the Senior Helpdesk Manager, Information Technology.
- Provide desk-side and subject matter expert support for IT related services for employees in an office, clinical & research laboratory setting
- Support and troubleshoot system and network issues related to end-user, laboratory IT and VoIP equipment, according to standard operating procedures
- Recommend and test cost effective technical system improvements
- Drive IT projects and deliverables with the help of the Sr. IT Helpdesk Manager
- Proactively create corrective and mitigating steps to reduce future incidents and ticket volume
- Use an ITSM to manage all incidents and requests to ensure that work is completed to the customers satisfaction in a timely manner and according to the Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Manage Exchange Online including mailboxes, distribution groups, calendars
- Collaborate with internal departments to improve/create processes
- Work with internal departments and external vendors to implement new applications, services to end users
- Participate in projects and act as a Subject Matter Expert for key technologies
- Contribute internal IT documentation and create technical bulletins to expand the knowledge base for handling support issues
- Assist users with activating and troubleshooting company-owned mobile devices
- Work directly with IT support teams for mission critical issues and adhere to department escalation policy
- Operate desktop imaging solution, application packaging, and configuration settings
- Responsible for supporting audio and visual equipment for conference rooms and educating employees in its use
- Identify, evaluate, promote, and implement customer support best practices
- Carrying a company issued mobile phone is required
- In partnership with other team members, lead the testing, configuration, installation and repair of IT related equipment
- Assist in configuring and maintaining Active Directory, Azure, Office 365, and VoIP accounts
- Provide training and mentorship to new IT Helpdesk Technicians
- Decommission hardware
- Configure and troubleshoot network printers
- Able to make some material decisions without consulting manager
- Participate in weekend on-call rotation on an as needed basis
Position based in the Boston Research & Development hub. Approximately 5% overnight travel. Valid driver’s license, ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Education Level: B.S. or A.D. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Experience Level: 3+ years of relevant experience
- Preferred Experience/Skills:
- Experience with working in the pharmaceutical industry and regulated environments
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems
- Strong experience working with local Active Directory and Azure
- Ability to present formal and informal training and assistance to end users
- Apple iOS Systems
- Working knowledge of the administration of Microsoft Office 365 application suite
- Ability to find creative and “out-of-the-box” solutions to incidents and requests
- Ability to provide clear and logical thought processes to identify root causes of incidents
- Expert knowledge in the installation, configuration, upgrading, and troubleshooting hardware and software components
- Experience working with enterprise Anti-Virus technologies such as Trellix
- Able to work with people to establish goals, objectives, and change management plans
- Experience in installing and configuring Windows based applications using a software distribution tool
- Experience in working with enterprise Mobile Device Management technologies
- Working knowledge and understanding of network technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, routers, and switches
- Ability to understand and adhere to systems security and control procedures in accordance with departmental, and corporate standards
- Demonstrated skills in time management, scheduling, and task prioritization to meet deadlines and goals
- Desire to learn new technologies
- Outstanding customer service provider
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for written, and face to face communications
- Advanced experience within the Office 365 Admin Center and AzureAD with an emphasis in Exchange Online Administration and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Automox, SmartDeploy and FreshService experience a plus
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.