Syner-G BioPharma Group is an organization with roots to the Greater Boston area started by industry leaders in 2007 who saw a niche in the pharmaceutical consulting space and leveraged their subject matter expertise and industry knowledge to grow an organization through hard work, trusted relationships, a collaborative approach, and delivering best-in-class client services, growing the company and geographical footprint across the globe to be an industry leader in integrated biopharma consulting services across the CMC, Regulatory Affairs and Medical Writing verticals supporting small molecule, biologics and medical device development and delivery.
We offer an outstanding total rewards package, including a competitive base salary and annual incentive plan, robust benefit offerings, and ongoing recognition and career development opportunities. Employees also enjoy our generous unlimited paid time off program, 13 paid holidays, flexible working hours, and fully remote work options for most positions and the ability to work “almost anywhere”. However, if a physical work location is more for you, we have office locations in Greater Boston; Research Triangle Park, NC; Boulder, CO; and Chennai, India.
The Director, Business Development, West Coast, oversees the formation of business partnerships and the execution of strategies to maximize revenue and value. Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, this team member is responsible for business development across the Syner-G portfolio of service offerings.
The Director of Business Development, West Coast position is eligible for remote work based on company requirements, with no minimum in-office requirement. The ideal candidate will reside on the West Coast of the United States.
(This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
- Serves as the client relationship lead and strategic business partner for prospective West Coast clients. Responsible for developing and expanding new business opportunities in liaison with Commercial and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) across Syner-G, while actively managing the sales life cycle through project engagement and subsequent customer maintenance with a strong focus on personalized service.
- Drives and develops relationships with existing partners to maximize revenue and collaboration opportunities across all service line offerings in an integrated approach to clients.
- Partners closely with the leadership team to define strategic growth objectives and translate them into operational execution.
- Identifies and closes new business leads to meet or exceed revenue target in assigned territory, including the development of a pipeline business of prospective clients.
- Identifies key decision-makers within targeted organizations and establishes long-term positive relationships that lead to new signed contracts.
- Leads the sales proposal and pitch process and work closely with Commercial and technical subject matter experts to ensure client satisfaction.
- Drives prospective customers to participate in capabilities presentations.
- Provides timely and accurate reporting of pipeline, account plans, and territory management activities, including the maintenance of internal systems and SalesForce.
- Researches and understands competitor offerings to provide insight into the sales process and Syner-G internal technical experts.
(This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- A bachelor’s degree in a health or life science discipline, business administration or related field is required.
- 5+ years of experience in a sales leadership or account management position within the pharmaceutical services or related industry.
- Proven track record in acquiring new clients, closing deals, and driving significant top line revenue as well as achieving or exceeding sales goals.
- Pharmaceutical industry, medical communications, and business development experience.
- Advanced knowledge of small and large molecule pharmaceutical market and services.
- Deep network within the West Coast pharmaceutical and biotech market.
- Breadth of technical knowledge to converse with client stakeholders in regulatory procedures and requirements as it pertains to the pharmaceutical industry with a proven understanding of the pharmaceutical and biotech marketplace and evolving needs.
- Excellent stakeholder relationship management. Able to develop relationships with a culturally diverse group of key stakeholders within Syner-G and the client’s business.
- Ability to successfully leverage and lead internal resources across organizational boundaries and geographies to meet client needs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong collaborator; ability to build excellent rapport with colleagues and clients.
- Skilled communicator, both written and verbal, and strong negotiating skills; ability to present ideas and critical information to a wide variety of people; demonstrated success preparing and executing proposals and client presentations.
- Ability to maintain a positive, results-oriented work environment, building partnerships and modelling teamwork, communicating to the team in an open, balanced, and objective manner.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial work ethic and ability to build relationships through professional sales with a disciplined and organized approach.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong time management skills: ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and coordinate multiple projects concurrently.
- Outstanding professional demeanor and discretion.
- Strong computer proficiency in the use of the MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
The physical demands described here are representative of the requirements that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer keyboard and mouse; reach with hands and arms; talk and listen. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit, as well as to lift and carry objects such as books and files weighing up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stand, stoop, or kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, including moderate noise level, an indoor temperate environment, and light levels that are bright and conducive to minimal eye strain, typical for an office environment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Syner-G BioPharma Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Syner-G BioPharma is an E-Verify employer.