Our mission at Forge Biologics, is to enable access to life changing gene therapies and help bring them from idea into reality. We partner with innovators in the gene therapy community: scientists, physicians, biotech/pharma companies, and patient groups. We bring expertise in gene therapy manufacturing and therapeutics development to the table, helping to champion teams that are navigating the long road from the lab bench to the bedside. Our goal is simple but vital to patients living with disease, and we take it seriously. With a patient-first approach, we are forging new models for working together to better accelerate these transformative medicines to reach those who need them the most.
Forge is based in Columbus, Ohio, in a 200,000 square foot facility known affectionately by team members as, the Hearth. The Hearth, is a custom-designed cGMP facility dedicated to AAV manufacturing and hosts scalable, end-to-end manufacturing services.
About The Role
Forge Biologics, a CDMO focused on AAV vector development and manufacturing, is seeking a self-motivated Client Relations Manager with deep client management skills to join our Client Relations team. You will be responsible for building and maintaining strong, lasting relationships with our clients, ensuring their needs are met, and that they derive maximum value from our solutions. This position will require strong communication skills, a detail- oriented problem-solving mindset, and a commitment to providing exceptional customer service. Primary success metrics are customer satisfaction, client growth through the addition of programs to a client portfolio, and the evolution of clients from initial development-only opportunities to full GMP manufacturing.
What You’ll Do
- Functions as account manager and as liaison between the client and the company, acting as primary point of contact for a portfolio of client accounts from contract execution through delivery of product.
- Partner with Project Management and other internal delivery teams to oversee the delivery of activities and products to clients including the management of risk, key decisions, and issues.
- Grow existing clients by cross-selling and up-selling additional Forge services or products.
- Build a strong relationship with key client stakeholders.
- Set expectations of service quality, availability, and timeliness with the client.
- Understand the business impact that Forge’s work is having and provide insights and reports that measure or track the value that’s being generated.
- Create and share reports on customer satisfaction, contract retention, and revenue growth.
- Regularly provide client updates on work progress, obstacles, and overall performance with execution and progress toward delivery.
- Document, monitor, and track project timelines in tools (Smartsheets, Teams, and Hubspot).
- Keep internal stakeholders and the executive leadership team informed of project status updates and key issues that may impact project completion.
- Translate and drive prioritization of client requirements into service and project requests.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent professional experience.
- Proven experience in Client Relations, Customer Success, or client-facing project management/account management roles.
- Excellent analytical and facilitation skills with the ability to interpret and anticipate customer needs to develop clear and attainable goals and execution of project plans.
- Customer-centric mindset with a passion for ensuring customer success.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to collaborate and influence stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure a successful client experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex issues to varying audiences and levels.
- Self-starter with the ability to appropriately prioritize and strategize effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This position works in a typical office environment where the physical work demands will vary depending on the specific tasks and duties required of the job. This is largely a sedentary role; persons holding office positions are generally subject to inside environmental conditions having the lighting, temperature, and noise of an open floor-plan office environment. Regularly operate a computer and other office equipment. Regularly communicate with others in person, over the phone, and electronically. Must be able to move and/or carry objects weighing up to 10 lbs.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned.
Forge Biologics is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. Forge Biologics, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Life at Forge
We are a team of diverse, driven and passionate people working together to trailblaze a new model for how we make medicines to treat patients with genetic diseases. Our team members use their creativity and talent to invent new solutions, meet new demands, and offer the most effective services in the industry. Forge’s core values lay the foundation for H.O.P.E. It provides us a common purpose that we all understand, work towards and live by.
HARDWORKING - We work hard and smart, making a persistent and determined effort toward success. Working hard, with focus and desire is the key.
OPEN - We strive to be approachable, actively listen and encourage others to contribute and speak up. We positively offer and receive constructive feedback.
PURPOSE DRIVEN - We are passionate about working towards and delivering on our mission to manufacture gene therapies.
ENGAGED - We are fully absorbed by and enthusiastic about our work and take positive action to further Forge’s vision, mission and goals.
We’ve Got You Covered
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and are consistently evaluating new ways to make our benefits truly UnFORGEttable.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance that starts on your first day at Forge, with 90% of premiums covered for team members as well as dependents
- Unlimited PTO (plus 14 paid company holidays)
- Annual bonus for all full-time employees
- Equity-incentive plan
- 401(K) company match
- Fully-stocked kitchen with free food/drinks
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave - additional discount programs include childcare support & dependent care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness benefits (financial planning services, mental health counseling, employer paid disability)
- Professional & Personal development resources - LinkedIn Learning, a dedicate training staff in-house, mentoring opportunities & access to leadership development coaches