Arvinas is a clinical-stage biotechnology company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and vepdegestrant (ARV-471), which is being co-developed and commercialized by Arvinas and Pfizer as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of nearly 450 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and mission – to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases by pioneering therapies created with our revolutionary PROTAC® protein degradation platform. We’re really excited about the work we’re doing inside and outside of Arvinas, and think you will be, too. But don’t just take our word for it – learn more about life at Arvinas and what employees have to say. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
This is a lab-focused, hands-on scientific role focused on driving discovery programs forward via in vitro pharmacology readouts, with a focus on primary cell types of the CNS. The incumbent will be an experienced, driven, key scientific contributor and knowledge leader in applied cellular neuroscience, with a demonstrated track record of success relating these techniques to the practice of drug discovery. High-content imaging (HCI) experience strongly preferred.
This role requires an ability to work and collaborate in a matrixed environment, with accountability to multiple different project teams within Neurology. Core competencies in plate-based pharmacology, target validation via genomic and small molecule approaches, & plate-based data analysis & statistics, are essential for success in this role. Equally important is an aptitude for leading the organization in novel technologic approaches that will impact the portfolio, combined with the potential to develop, and train other scientists across the research organization.
This position will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT & requires regular, hands-on, in lab experimental work.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Design and implement in vitro pharmacology readouts to describe the potency, efficacy, and mechanism of PROTAC degraders, utilizing cellular plate-based biochemical, functional, and image-based endpoints. Modalities may include (but not limited to) ELISA/MSD, quantitative WB, HCI, & Bioluminescent (nanoBRET etc) formats.
- Timely generation of data to support program decision making, and communication of results to team and senior leadership.
- Set, maintain, and be an internal leader by example for high standards in data analysis and QC. Drive internal dialog around innovative ways to use and mine data.
- Core contributor in a collaborative HCI working group focused on best practices and robust solutions to assay design challenges in the imaging space.
- Interface directly with the automated biology organization to identify automation-amendable assay strategies and drive the transfer of automation-ready assays.
- As an assay designer and hands-on cell biologist, demonstrated ability to balance speed with rigor in a fast-paced, dynamic drug discovery environment.
- Aptitude for systematic troubleshooting of biological assay systems
- Energetic, positive leader by example, with the capacity & enthusiasm to grow into a leader of a small team of scientists.
- B.S./M.S with 12+ years, or Ph.D. with 2-5 years of cellular imaging, cellular and molecular biology, pharmacology, biochemistry, assay development, and biomolecular screening (neuroscience background with pharma/biotech experience preferred).
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer