This position is the Director of Architecture for Global Development. The primary objective of the role is to ensure technology architecture capabilities, solutions and processes enable the GD business strategy and align to the Corporate IT Strategy. This role acts as a group leader, providing leadership to a team of Solution Architects, Data Architects, Technology Architects, Business Architects and works with many collaborators to develop a multidisciplinary view of implemented and required business capabilities across Global Development. This role will review business plans, assess the companys current use of IT systems, and design new procedures to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
A typical day in this role might be like...
- Review and chip in to business capability and project roadmaps, advising on enabling technologies and solution standard processes.
- Engages with enterprise IT as the GDS point of contact to understand current and emerging cross-Regeneron architectural standards, tools, and processes.
- Evangelize technical capabilities that will directly impact our ability to improve solution velocity.
- Work with Solutions Architects and Solutions Development leads to ensure that solution architectures meet enterprise standards and are aligned to the overall strategy.
- Participates in resourcing sessions to understand emerging needs for solution architects; manages availability and staffing of FTE and contract solution architects. Responsible for sourcing contract solution architects as needed.
- Partners with Business Process Owners, Implementation Leads, Business Solution Partners & System Owners to help plan and execute solutions, including designing / architecting solutions to meet business needs.
- Champions review sessions and discussions with stakeholders to identify proper technology solutions to deliver business value.
- Demonstrate mastery across a wide range of data and software engineering activities, including data warehousing, data integration, data streaming, digital devices, data visualization and analysis, mobile apps, and application development.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical business and utilize this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Regeneron software development lifecycle policies and procedures
- Establish data architecture roadmaps, reference and target architecture, architectural and design principles, best practices, patters, and standards, oversee alignment to defined data architecture principles and standards
Define architecture framework and actual architecture for all solutions, well-integrated, across technologies, maintain/document, and review architecture constantly
- Oversee a team of Solution Architects and consultants
This role might be for you if....
- Experience developing architectural process, templates and standards for implementations
- Experience as an Enterprise Architect in the pharmaceutical industry in drug development is required.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Data and Integration technologies and patterns.
- Big Picture thinking- the ability to see how parts interact with the whole.
- Ability to identify the cross-functional system architecture requirements for all stakeholders in solution delivery
- System experience managing architecture of complex cross-functional systems
- Strong knowledge of SDLC methodologies and CFR Part 11 compliance
- Familiarity with Architecture Frameworks/Processes (e.g., TOGAF)
- BS/BA Degree with 12+ years relevant experience. MS/MA/MBA degree and 10+ years relevant experience.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$172,500.00 - $287,500.00