Clinical Science Specialist, Liver, Milwaukee
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
In this field-based role as a Rare Disease Clinical Science Specialist, you will be accountable for achieving your territory performance targets, for the Rare Disease franchise, and contributing to the overall national performance.
This role will be focused on the Milwaukee area within the Central region.
Additionally, you will be responsible for developing long-term plans for your territory, from a singular focus on each target account, aiming at generating appropriate use of Ipsen products and growing sales volume over time. This is a unique field Rare Disease role as it encompasses elements of institutional sales, patient identification, building regional referral networks and patient pull-through – very common in the ultra-rare disease spaces, but also elements of competitive selling and account management – more common in the specialty-like spaces.
Incumbents in the Clinical Science Specialist role, as all other employees, are fully accountable for compliance with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Ipsen activities.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations
Knowledge, Abilities and Experience
- Achieve or exceed objectives associated with assigned brands. These may include sales, share, and other quantitative and qualitative KPIs, as determined in a periodic basis
- Exchanges with customers are designed to provide an accurate complete, fair, and balanced presentation of Ipsen’s products and services.
- Effectively and professionally navigate through complex multi-stakeholder organizations including integrated networks, hospitals, and healthcare communities
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional team members to identify and resolve customer needs appropriately and with a high sense of urgency
- Manage the assigned geography and customer accounts in an efficient manner, following principles of key physician/account prioritization, daily call reporting, and resource utilization
- Develop and maintain appropriate professional relationships with customers, guided by the best interests of patients, and bound by Ipsen policies and procedures
- Engage in in-depth conversations with physicians and other healthcare professionals entirely based on approved resources and messages and consistent with the approved label(s)
- Review and analyze market/customer data to support and execute strategic planning
- BA/BS is required; Advanced degree is a plus
- Minimum 8 years life-sciences experience, including at least 5 in rare or specialty areas, and at least 3 years in specialty biopharma sales, marketing or other brand cross-function
- Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding quantitative and qualitative targets
- Demonstrated understanding of the payer and clinical landscape, especially in specialty & rare diseases
- Proven patient centricity demonstrated by empathy, understanding and commitment to support
- Solid analytical skills and ability to generate insights/hypotheses from the data analyzed
- Superior presentation, organization, administration, and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently (subject to policies and procedures) with minimum administrative support
- Ability to travel up to 70%
IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.