GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
The Data Scientist 2 partners with key internal stakeholders to assess clinical metrics and develop process monitoring tools in support of GRAIL’s global operations. The Data Scientist 2 provides statistical expertise and guidance in the development and validation of analytical assays.You will:
Your qualifications and background will include:
- Develop and apply statistical methods to assay monitoring and in operations support in the following areas:
- Modeling, analysis and visualization of data
- Analytical validation
- Statistical process control and assay monitoring
- Create and perform end-to-end analyses that include design, data gathering, processing, analysis, iteration with stakeholders, and presentation of results.
- MS or PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics, Biological Sciences, Cancer Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Computer Science, Physics, or similar field.
- MS with 3+ years of experience or PhD with 1+ years of experience in molecular diagnostics or pharmaceutical industry experience will be considered, experience performing benchwork preferred.
- Familiarity with regulatory standards, quality management systems, and medical device product development design control preferred.
- Strong knowledge of theoretical and applied statistics.
- Strong verbal, writing, and presentation skills.
- Ability to succeed and thrive in a rapid paced and cross-functional team environment.
- Experience programming in Python or R, experience with SQL, version control tools and reproducible research practices, Tableau is good to have.
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $111,000 - $130,500. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.