Your work will change lives. Including your own.
The Impact You’ll Make
The Senior People Business Partner at Recursion plays a strategic role in delivering our company strategy and the employee experience. They are able to recognize nuances and complexities in various situations and navigate them while amplifying trust. As a trusted resource for People Systems and Principles they have influence with employees and senior leaders. With their expertise they are able to leverage skills and data to identify insights, communicate priorities, and co-create actions with business leaders. The Sr People Business Partner digs deep to understand the strategy and work of our teams and brings these insights into the design of People Systems. They are knowledgeable in areas such as talent, performance, compliance, law, employee relations, compensation, and organizational effectiveness, and use this knowledge to accelerate delivery. They actively partner with business leaders to coach and facilitate leadership, trust, and teamwork. Finally, they act as a role model for their team, advocating for diversity and modeling inclusive behaviors for others. In this role you will:
- Partner - Leads with trust to support business leaders and provide thought leadership to help accelerate delivery through talent strategy, organizational effectiveness and design, and change management
- Coach - Provides guidance, support, and feedback to amplify individual and leadership capabilities
- Industrialize - Champions a “systems thinking mindset” to analyze, design and deliver People solutions that lift performance and reinforce culture
- Collaborates - Communicates effectively, facilitates teamwork, and adds value while informed by the company values, and our founding principles.
This position is based at our headquarters in Salt Lake City. However, we will consider hybrid work for this position. We ask that hybrid employees commit to regular on-site visits for routine work and departmental events (estimated at about 40% of their time). Some periodic travel to either of our sites in Canada or California may be required.
The Team You’ll Join
Our company mission is purposefully audacious, expansive, and impactful.The People Team matches that audacity to accelerate our mission through people, teams, and culture. We showcase a strong “principles-first” approach to our work. Our durable strategy focuses on developing the right talent and championing an intentional culture to support high-performing teams.
As a member of our People Business Partner team, you’ll support our teams and leaders to industrialize drug discovery in a business-facing role. The pace of our work is highly dynamic, allowing for opportunities to add value through your strengths and expertise while honing your craft with engaging work. You will report to our Director of People Business Partners and work closely with an amazing team of People Business Partners, Generalists and Operations Associates.
The Experience You’ll Need
- 6+ years of progressive HR experience in tech, life sciences or biotech
- 4+ years as an HR Business Partner
- Ability to demonstrate business acumen to work cross-functionally with senior leaders
- Experience in strategic organizational issues, change management, talent management and using data to drive insights in these areas.
- Demonstrated strengths in coaching, consulting, and problem-solving skills applied to influence and guide.
- Experience in multi-state or international HR experience is valuable
How You’ll be Supported
Aside from your new “best team ever” you’ll be supported by:
- Invested and Engaged Leadership: Regular 1:1s with a leader and leadership team that provides opportunities for growth, visibility and feedback.
- Principles, Culture, and Values: A comprehensive onboarding that includes an overview of company culture, policies, and procedures, as well as an introduction to the team and key stakeholders. This will include a PBP Buddy to help you learn Recursion.
- Development: The team regularly holds “deep dives'' to explore new ideas, share expertise in our toolkits, or train each other on best practices. We provide our PBPs with membership in external groups to provide HR training and networks in the BioPharma space.
At Recursion, we believe that every employee should be compensated fairly. Based on the skill and level of experience required for this role, the estimated current annual base range for this role is:
To learn more about our level within levels, click here.
- Developing: $156,000
- Skilled: $172,000
- Expert: $190,000
You will also be eligible for bonuses and equity compensation + our comprehensive benefits package for United States based candidates. The range displayed on each job posting reflects target ranges for US new hire salaries and is determined by job, level, and market factors.
During the interview selection process, you will connect with a Talent Acquisition Partner who will be your advocate and ally to ensure you receive the appropriate compensation that meets your needs for your skills, experience, and relevant education/training, while also reviewing our very competitive total rewards package.
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Recursion is a clinical stage TechBio company leading the space by decoding biology to industrialize drug discovery. Enabling its mission is the Recursion OS, a platform built across diverse technologies that continuously expands one of the world’s largest proprietary biological and chemical datasets. Recursion leverages sophisticated machine-learning algorithms to distill from its dataset a collection of trillions of searchable relationships across biology and chemistry unconstrained by human bias. By commanding massive experimental scale — up to millions of wet lab experiments weekly — and massive computational scale — owning and operating one of the most powerful supercomputers in the world, Recursion is uniting technology, biology and chemistry to advance the future of medicine.
Recursion is headquartered in Salt Lake City, where it is a founding member of BioHive, the Utah life sciences industry collective. Recursion also has offices in Toronto, Montreal and the San Francisco Bay Area.Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.