The Talent Acquisition Manager, Executive Recruitment will oversee the recruiting process for key leadership job openings (VP level) to source, engage, assess and hire top talent for AbbVie. Setting the recruiting strategy may include partnering with the internal AbbVie Sourcing Team Leads, the use of executive search partners, seeking out talent from internal succession plans, or utilizing market insights and reaching out to talent directly. This role is one of the first points of contact to external talent, and this person must be able to clearly articulate why AbbVie is a premier pharmaceutical organization and will have the responsibility to assess and select the best talent to progress from first contact through offer acceptance and onboarding activities.
- Provide recruitment strategies that will attract the best talent for key leadership roles. Sets the vision, strategy, and goals for all aspects of recruiting talent for VP level positions.
- Utilize market insights and talent mappings to provide AbbVie leaders visibility to external talent. Stay informed of talent movement within the industry, trends within specific therapeutic areas, and have awareness of when talent may be ready to consider new career opportunities.
- Understands the business and how to clearly articulate business strategies and key initiatives, and ensure external talent has the experience and passion to positively impact AbbVie business strategies.
- Leads the recruiting process and follows up with internal leaders and external talent to ensure both receive a world-class experience throughout the recruitment process.
- Ensures compliance to all state and federal employment laws and follows all AbbVie policies and practices for applicant tracking compliance and reporting metrics.
- Interacts in a professional manner with key stakeholders throughout the executive recruitment process.
- Interviews candidates to assess their skills, understand motivation for considering a career move, and ensure culture fit.
- Seeks out talent that brings strong leadership and future career advancement capabilities.
- Through partnership with Executive Compensation, will develop competitive offers and negotiates with candidates to ensure a successful outcome.
- May need to be creative to close the deal, and looks at all angles to find the path forward.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 5 years recruiting experience in a competitive environment. Prefer 7 years experience or more.
- Pharmaceutical Recruitment experience required.
- Must project a strong business presence and have the ability to instill confidence in C-Suite clientele and deliver results.
- Proactive recruiting and sourcing experience with the ability to build and sustain long-term relationships.
- Raise the bar mentality and thinks ahead to solve potential issues before they become problems.
- Ability to assess against leadership capabilities and influence stakeholders.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.