About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as a Senior Scientist where you will work in the Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit (GI DDU) and lead efforts focused on the validation of novel targets and the evaluation of novel anti-fibrotic drug candidates for the treatment of chronic liver diseases. You will will be a strong scientific thinker with significant experience in investigating the in vitro/ in vivo molecular/cellular basis of liver and/or metabolic diseases and/or pharmacology. You will also independently design and implement extensive scientific research projects in collaboration with internal research teams, external partners and/or CROS. As part of the Liver Disease Research team, you will report to the Associate Director of Liver Disease Research and work with the GI DDU as a highly collaborative and energetic biologist with superior communication skills, balancing multiple, collaborative projects, and be responsible for and lead mechanisms of action studies for novel targets and drug candidates.
How you will contribute:
- Develop and implement new therapeutic concepts for the treatment of NASH or liver fibrosis and other chronic liver diseases. This includes target identification and validation, assay development, biological profiling of lead structures and characterization of development candidates, etc.
- Develop and oversee novel scientific projects in collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Establish project direction integrating science, key technical knowledge, and program objectives.
- Manage relevant target and drug candidate validation and mechanism of action studies using contemporary in vitro/ in vivo methods and tools.
- Lead and participate on cross-functional teams and provide technical leadership in area of expertise.
- Identify complex obstacles to progress in specific areas; recommend and implement solutions using a diverse set of resources; regularly add value to research projects through creative ideas.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries and quantitative analyses in written and/or oral form.
- Communicate with colleagues effectively.
- Present data to other scientific staff or cross-functional project team; may present data/posters to external research or scientific community and publish research results as appropriate.
- Perform as a role model supporting Takeda culture and follow policies.
- Ph.D. degree in biology, cardio/metabolic diseases, or immunology or molecular pharmacology with relevant post-doc experience or equivalent drug discovery experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical industry research setting with 3+ years of experience, or
- MS with 9+ years of experience, or
- BS with 11+ years experience.
- Previous experience in NASH/chronic liver disease or inflammation, immune or fibrotic diseases is required.
- Demonstrated significant understanding of liver disease pathogenesis, pre-clinical therapeutic mechanisms of action, and in vitro (2D/3D) and/or in vivo complex biological systems or models.
- Demonstrated ability to independently design and solve scientific problems using multiple, state-of-the-art technologies, experimental methods, and approaches.
- Previous experience in RNA/Oligonucleotide therapeutics is preferred.
- Good project management skills with a good understanding in various scientific disciplines in drug discovery (toxicology, DMPK, biomarker, etc.) is a plus.
- Demonstrated track record by publications in scientific journals.
- Good communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) and a good team player.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Ways of Working
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Base Salary Range: $130,200.00 to $186,000.00, based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off. The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
San Diego, CAWorker Type