The primary role of the Senior HVAC Environmental Technician is to conduct testing, maintenance, and repairs on various critical environmental systems and equipment, including Clean Room Filtration, Bio Hoods, Bio Suites, Chemical Fume Hoods, Terminal Filters, HEPA Exhaust Housings, Recirculation HEPA Filter Units, and Clean Air Centers. This role involves routine testing as well as addressing complex issues in Environmental Systems Equipment (ESE) systems, including clean rooms and biohazardous facilities. The incumbent will be responsible for troubleshooting mechanical problems, performing necessary tasks, and making timely repairs to ensure that the equipment is operational and functioning efficiently.
- Perform advanced mechanical tasks and preventative maintenance (PM) procedures on all Environmental Systems Equipment (ESE) and decontaminate equipment and facilities throughout AbbVie Lake County operations.
- Test and balance of clean room systems, terminal filters, and labs.
- Troubleshoot, order parts, and install parts and material on equipment such as constant volume control boxes, fractional horsepower motors, variable frequency drives, and unit controllers.
- Install belts, gaskets, etc. on ESE equipment using various gauges, tools, and test equipment. (Pressure gauges, leak detectors, torque wrenches, multimeters, ammeters, etc.)
- Understand basic test and balance theories, including pressure relationships and fan laws. (Relationships of total/static/velocity pressure, static losses in ductwork systems, static regain, and ventilation.)
- Effectively communicate job status to customers.
- Order material and parts from the stockroom and initiate work orders and other required forms.
- Well-versed in the use of flow hood, vel grid, and pitot tube for test and balancing.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of mechanical hand tools and test equipment.
- Troubleshoot and perform mechanical repairs on various devices including fans, valves, actuators, etc.
- Install HVAC and ESE equipment and accessories according to AbbVie Engineering Standards.
- Ensure GMP, safe work policies and procedures are followed at all times in accordance with company policies.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of working experience in the field of Environmental Systems Equipment (ESE) system maintenance with strong hands-on experience with troubleshooting, repairing, installing, and overseeing large-scale HVAC systems in commercial and industrial settings. NSF certified is a plus.
- Advance understanding of HVAC theory and application to air handling systems in a Commercial and/or Industrial environment.
- Solid knowledge of all CMMS functions that pertain to maintenance, preventative maintenance (PM) and related activities.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; creative problem solving and analytical skills.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.