The Marketing Analytics and Business Insights (MABI) function supports AbbVie’s US organization and is comprised of highly respected researchers, analysts, data scientists and strategists who are committed to being best-in-class within the biopharmaceutical industry. We serve as strategic in-house counsel, ensuring that all decisions leverage the key insights that we develop. We continue to build new capabilities and skill sets, encouraging our team members to pull up a chair, be themselves, be creative, speak their minds, and do good work. We are a passionate, diverse, flexible, and inclusive organization with a culture that supports the best ideas, wherever they originate. We are smart, fun, quirky, and innovative – and we’d love for you to join us.
· Become a trusted and influential business partner to commercial and medical stakeholders through providing analytical insights and recommendations on key business questions for an exciting launch brand
· Strengthen the organization’s understanding of marketplace performance and opportunities through tracking, modeling, and analysis of physician, patient, managed care data, while also considering competitive and economic factors
Inform the financial forecasting and brand planning processes through the application of predictive patient flow models and scenario simulations
Develop fact-based promotional investment strategies that increase the return on investments, both broadly through marketing mix analysis and in daily applications
Meaningfully communicate insights and information to a broad group of stakeholders through exceptional oral and written communication
· Analytics skills as defined by either one or more of the following:
o Programming: ability to define business rules and write query code to accurately pull and organize the right data
o Data Science: genuine practitioner of rigorous techniques and can accurately interpret/derive results. Strong statistical or econometric backgrounds valued.
o Visualization: adept at selecting appropriate visualizations to convey data and comfort creating polished powerpoint presentations
o Storytelling: ability to create a cohesive narrative that addresses the key business questions without sacrificing data integrity or losing the plot. Anticipate and address stakeholder questions in credible ways.
· Resourceful problem solver who can demystify complex information for others
· Strategic, results driven self-starter with a learning mindset
· Collaborative team player who can elevate others and build strong partnerships
· Consistent accountability: impeccable organizational and project management skills; keen attention to details and conscientious of deliverable quality
Bachelor's degree in a technical or science field (i.e. engineering, statistics, biology)
Minimum of 7 years of quantitative experience
Working knowledge of multivariate statistics (incl. deriving causality from observational datasets), applied machine learning techniques, business intelligence tools, and Microsoft Office suite
Masters/MBA highly preferred
Experience analyzing pharmaceutical datasets (patient level, sub-national, and national)
Product launch experience
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.