HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Associate - Protein ChemistryLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. We are seeking a skilled biochemist to join the Protein Chemistry group within the Protein Engineering Division of Therapeutic Discovery. The Protein Chemistry group is primarily responsible for the optimization, production, assessment, and selection of novel and complex scaffold molecules, often antibody-based, that will be the next generation of large molecules therapeutics.
In this vital role you will be a part of a multidisciplinary team with capabilities in protein purification and characterization of large molecule drug candidates.
You should be able to interpret and report scientific results that support the generation of publications, patents, or regulatory submissions, and participate in internal and external scientific meetings.
Good written and oral presentation skills are a mustWin
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a team player with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Bachelors degree in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Analytical Chemistry or related field
Associates degree and 4 years of related experience
High school diploma / GED and 6 years of related experiencePreferred Qualifications:
ThriveWhat you can expect of us
- Hands-on experience in purification of proteins using various types of chromatography techniques including affinity, SEC, IEX, etc.
- Hands-on experience in protein characterization and analytical techniques including A280 (Nanodrop), HPLC/UPLC-SEC, SDS-PAGE or capillary electrophoresis, thermal stability measurement (Tm Tagg), dynamic light scattering, etc.
- Attention to details and a strong sense of scientific rigor.
- Ability to multi-task and work flexibly with a high sense of urgency in a cross-functional highly matrixed team environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated, proactive, and collaborative team player.
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
This position will be paid on an hourly basis. The annualized base pay range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $74,777 - $85,967.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.