Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
- Oversee the design, deployment and management of various HR systems and build and execute a technology roadmap that balances the strategic and operational needs of HR. Will be responsible for leading and developing a team; providing strategic oversight and day to day management of HR processes, reporting and people analytics.
- Will be accountable for defining and executing strategies for the development of new or existing functionality, testing, implementation, and support. This role will provide consultation support and HR best practices on new technologies and system enhancements to meet evolving user requirements, including recommendations for new HR applications and is also responsible for overall data integrity and usability of various applications.
- Stays at the forefront of the competitive landscape on applications and drives recommendations on improving Human Resources information systems capability.
- Defines an analytics strategy which is customized to DSI’s unique business challenges and data infrastructure to provide insights for better decision making and measurement of our programs.
- Defines HRIS strategy roadmap in partnership with the Sr. Director, HR Solution Delivery. Provide Leadership, direction, HR system expertise and data driven solutions to enable the business to scale.
- Develop and maintain 3rd party vendor relationships and contracts, add input to relevant contract negotiations in partnership with procurement and legal colleagues as needed.
- Design and manage performance metrics to meet/exceed department goals.
- Provides strategic direction on the utilization of employee data across all company integrated systems.
- Oversees the design, functionality, implementation, administration, training, direction and revisions of all HR technology applications and other linked systems. Translates business / functional goals into appropriate HR strategies and solutions to support HR functions.
- Project manages annual processes and functional revisions, including prioritizing, tracking, managing test process and developing training and customer support for system changes.
- Ensures all systems and data operate and are maintained to the agreed quality and service requirements
- Leads the planning and deployment of system upgrades, including the scheduling of key activities and communicating of system downtime to appropriate parties. Identify opportunities for automation and reduction of manual processes across the team in conjunction with our HRIS roadmap and leadership.
- Leads efforts to develop new initiatives, as well as reviewing and streamlining current system procedures and practices as related to HR technology applications. Evaluate alternative methods of service delivery and follow through execution.
- Partner with stakeholders such as Payroll, Compliance, Finance, IT, Sales Operations, HR Leadership and other internal teams to provide support and solutions to business needs, driving toward a touchless integration between Workday and other internal systems.
- Ensure systems are compliant with regulatory requirements and partner with security management by routinely audit security profiles and assignments.
- Perform regular system audits to ensure all business processes and other configurations are working as expected to maintain data integrity.
- Responsible for a global HRIS implementation. Liaison with Tokyo and the EU on Global HR Application matters and initiatives.
- Stay current and on top of HRIS/HCM industry trends via participation in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining a professional network, and participating in professional organizations.
- Selects, coaches, develops and rewards a team of HR Systems People Analytics employees and consultants.
- Leads and directs team on annual and new initiatives which include but not limited to Compensation Planning, Performance Management, Payroll integrations, Talent Management, HRBP Projects and
- Staff resource planning, hiring, and development.
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Must have a bachelor’s degree; preferred areas of study HR or Computer Science req
- A Master's Degree preferred
- 10+ years of professional experience working within global HRIS systems required
- 4+ years of direct leadership experience.4+ years of demonstrated expertise support Cloud based HRIS, specifically leading a global HRIS implementation required. SuccessFactors highly preferred.
- Must have demonstrated experience as a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple work assignments and priorities with urgent deadlines, maintaining excellent customer service skills, while working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must be able to articulate complex, technical terms into practical terms to build understanding
- Must have proven ability to manage large-scale initiatives, and can connect all relevant points to ensure seamless execution
- Must possess strong written & communication skills along with high attention-to-detail
- Must have proven track record of operating in a tiered service delivery model, including self-service, contact center and transaction components
- Must have an overall, general understanding of testing protocol preferred
- Expertise in HRIS systems such as SuccessFactors (strong preferred) or Workday system.
- Must have proven ability to work cross-functionally.
- Knowledge of HR generalist, benefits or compensation experience preferred
- Experience in reading and writing technical specifications preferred
- High level proficiency in Workday, SuccessFactors, Tableau, PowerPoint, Word, Excel preferred
- Keen analytical acumen and interpretative ability preferred
- Ability to form strong intra and cross-functional relationships with all levels of staff and management and influence others to drive to a common goal, including our customer base preferred
- This role requires up to 10% travel for business meetings and/or conferences as needed
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.