GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
The Data Analyst’s (DA) main purpose is to identify and define the solutions that improve the value delivered by the organization to the stakeholders. DAs generate value by fully understanding GRAIL’s methodologies and capabilities, identification of known or unknown opportunities, the realization of untapped efficiencies, and avoidance of unnecessary cost. The analyst will interact with stakeholders and subject matter experts across operations in order to document, organize and clarify requirements and workflows. The DA must be proactive and possess proven strength in building and maintaining analytics dashboards that are built with user experience as a top priority, providing actionable insights. In this capacity, the DA needs to possess a strong logical approach, effective critical thinking, a dynamic creative mindset, and adaptable social skills.You will:
Your background and qualifications will include
- Design and develop visual reports, KPI scorecards and dashboards using Tableau
- Understand stakeholders’ strategic vision and associated priorities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to translate business requirements into visualization solutions
- Capture knowledge and outcome of decisions
- Analyze services and products to ensure that they meet quality standards and requirements
- Be a team player in a dynamic, global team environment
- BS or BA in business intelligence, management information systems, statistics, analytics or similar is required
- At least 2 years of Tableau experience building interactive dashboards
- Experience with SQL preferred
- Demonstrated experience with translating business requirements into data analysis and reporting solutions
- Ability to perform basic queries and analysis of data
- Knowledge of best practices and tools in data analytics and visualizations
- Familiarity with database and ETL processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-driven individual with good problem solving skills
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $81,000 - 95,000 Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.