HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
MBA Intern - Finance & Strategy Leadership Development Program (Summer 2024)Live
This could be your everyday
Lets do this. Lets change the world. During this program, you will have the opportunity to partner with Amgens organizational leaders and gain exposure and access across numerous functional areas within Finance & Strategy. This program is a key pipeline for leadership hires at Amgen, which allows you the opportunity to receive mentoring and exposure to executive-level leadership from internship start to finish.
- Own the execution of a timely, relevant project tied directly to our strategic and tactical goals while building a highly differentiated toolkit of financial and technical skills to use over the course of your career with Amgen and beyond.
- Apply critical thinking in a fast paced, high-profile role in an impactful and exciting industry, as you gain exposure to the cross-functional nature of our business and roles.
- Participate in weekly lunches with top executives across various functions and have full access to our Employee Resource Groups.
- Engage in a week-long multidisciplinary case study project that will expose you to different aspects of our business including revenue and expense forecasting, operations and sales and marketing.
Successful completion of the summer experience will enable you to be evaluated for a full-time position in the FSLDP post-graduation. A full-time MBA hire will participate in the 3-year Finance and Strategy rotational program.Win
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The passionate and driven individual we seek exemplifies these qualifications:Basic Qualifications
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Graduated with a bachelors degree from an accredited college or university
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program for an MBA internship from an accredited college or university and completion of the first year of MBA program (at a minimum) before the internship starts
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Student must be located in the United States for the duration of the internship
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking with effective quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in teams, interact with all levels of management and contribute to an atmosphere of belonging.
- Experience and/or curiosity about Corporate Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Financial Analyst.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth in addition to their well-being:
The base pay range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $30.00 - $40.00.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional youre inspired to be through accepting a culture that values the diversity of thought and experience and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
for an internship/co-op that defies imagination
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. Join us.
careers.amgen.com Please search for Keyword R-170480
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.