bioSeedin is a subsidiary of ACROBiosystems Inc, a worldwide leader in developing and manufacturing recombinant proteins and critical reagents/assays to support drug development and clinical applications. We are committed to excellence in providing quality products and services and accelerating the process of therapeutic development.
bioSeedin, one of the most preeminent drug asset management, public relations, and financial advisory firms for biotech and pharmaceutical companies, operates across North America, Europe, and Asia. Based on hosting the annual Biopharmaceutical Developer Innovation Conference, the largest and most influential conference in Asia, bioSeedin aggregates industrial resources across 6000 pharmaceutical enterprises worldwide. The firm provides asset management services via licensing in and out, co-developmental partner sourcing, and project implementation, as well as advising on public relations management, market-entry, and investment strategy.
bioSeedin aims to be the supreme asset transaction platform for our global clients. By facilitating R&D efficiency, maximizing research resources and funding, and emerging market access to deliver therapeutics faster and benefit our patients worldwide.
We are seeking a Business Development intern as a partner to contribute to our company goals and customer’s needs. The Business Development intern will support our global Business Development team for client due diligence, asset research and evaluation, deal processing, alliance management assisting, and event supporting for preclinical, clinical stage asset deals, and innovative technology platforms. This is a great opportunity for scientific and medical professionals get an opportunity to enter the business development, marketing, and drug commercialization function.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Research, propose, and develop potential client analysis and due diligence, including but not limited to researching the technology, pipeline, financial status, etc.
- Collaborate with Business Development Search & Evaluation to identify and evaluate asset opportunities.
- Build and foster customer relationships through emails, presentations, cold calling, and onsite visits where appropriate.
- Maintain accurate customer data in CRM.
- Proactively monitor the external business environment and maintain a knowledge base of licensing transactions and other company activities.
- Promote bioSeedin as a licensing partner of choice at business partnering meetings and scientific conferences.
- Other projects or responsibilities as may be required.
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Current Master, PhD, or MD student in biological, pharmacological, or biomedical sciences.
- Scientific expertise in drug development, small molecular drugs, antibody drugs, gene therapy, cell therapy, or other novel therapies.
- Experience in fast-paced and multicultural organizations where working across boundaries and leading by influence are keys to success.
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Proven track record in sourcing new technology, negotiating, and cooperating with diverse types of partnerships.
- Established networking in academic institutions, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, or venture capital community.
Knowledge, skills, and Abilities
- Ability to commit to 20-30 working hours per week for at least six months of internship with potential extension.
- Team player, ability to work efficiently and proactively with a global team (potentially request to coordinate with the EU and Asia client or teammate).
- Outstanding presentation, communication, and writing skills.
- Passion for driving projects to conclusion.
- Self-motivated and proactive in reaching out to prospective clients.
- Passion for corporate growth, entrepreneurial mindset.
- Marketing mindset is preferred.
Work Location: Boston, MA or Philadelphia, PA (hybrid)