Why join Freenome?
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company developing tests to detect cancer using a standard blood draw. To do this, Freenome uses a multiomics platform that combines tumor and non-tumor signals with machine learning to find cancer in its earliest, most-treatable stages.
Cancer is relentless. This is why Freenome is building the clinical, economic, and operational evidence to drive cancer screening and save lives. Our first screening test is for colorectal cancer (CRC) and advanced adenomas, and it’s just the beginning.
Founded in 2014, Freenome has ~500 employees and more than $1.1B in funding from key investors, such as the American Cancer Society, Andreessen Horowitz, Anthem Blue Cross, Bain Capital, Colorectal Cancer Alliance, DCVC, Fidelity, Google Ventures, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Roche, Sands Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Verily.
At Freenome, we aim to impact patients by empowering everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. This, together with our high-performing culture of respect and cross-collaboration, is what motivates us to make every day count.
Become a Freenomer
Do you have what it takes to be a Freenomer? A “Freenomer” is a determined, mission-driven, results-oriented employee fueled by the opportunity to change the landscape of cancer and make a positive impact on patients’ lives. Freenomers bring their diverse experience, expertise, and personal perspective to solve problems and push to achieve what’s possible, one breakthrough at a time.
About this opportunity:
We are seeking a tech savvy, detail-oriented and organized Senior Help Desk Specialist to join our growing team. In this position, you will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support to customers and the Helpdesk team with computer systems, network, hardware, or software issues. You will also respond to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions. You will also be the point of escalation for the Helpdesk Team.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a point of contact for customers and Helpdesk team members seeking technical assistance over the phone, slack, helpdesk tickets or email
- Perform remote/onsite troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Create step-by-step training material with screenshots/videos for clients and Helpdesk Team
- Collaborate with other service departments to create and maintain services and improve them (onboarding, automation etc)
- Work through the problem-solving process with customers, empowering them to do the same in the future
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), conference room systems and other systems
- Experience in managing company wide initiatives/projects to completion
- Be a positive and supportive team lead/mentor
- Record events and problems and their resolution in ticketing system
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- 5+ years of experience as Help Desk Specialist or related IT Customer Support role
- Strong Experience with Mac and Windows platforms
- Strong Experience with Administration of Google Workspace
- Strong experience Managing MDM tools (e.g. Kandji, Jamf etc) or UEM Tools (NinjaOne, Hexnode etc.) at a medium to large organization
- Strong understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, video conferencing systems, and other tech products
- Strong Experience with managing and improving ticketing systems (Freshservice strongly preferred)
- Strong remote troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Executive Support
- Experience being Tier 2-3 support for a medium to large company
- Experience onboarding and offboarding users in an enterprise environment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience in automating IT processes
- Experience testing and deploying new systems/products and standardizing them
Benefits and additional information:
The US target range of our base salary for new hires is $89,000 - $135,000. You will also be eligible to receive pre-IPO equity, cash bonuses, and a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits depending on the position offered. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company’s sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, years and depth of relevant experience, and education. We invite you to check out our career page @ https://careers.freenome.com/ for additional company information.
Freenome is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.