The role of Sales Manager/Executive is to drive and support sales efforts in a given territory by implementing the sales/marketing strategies for GenScript products and services. The Sales Associate/Manager/Executive will use his/her knowledge of science and the business including corporate contacts to develop and deliver profitable initiatives and build sales.
The Sales Manager/Executive will be responsible for working with the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) and Technical Account Manager (TAM) to grow and develop an assigned sales territory for GenScript product/service lines and to achieve sales goals for the assigned territory. The Sales Associate/Manager/Executive will also work closely with their RSM, TAM team and Sales team to build the GenScript brand to meet the team’s sales objectives. The Sales Manager/Executive will work 70% of the time doing quote and lead follow-up, account management and 30% of the time traveling in the field making customer visits and building relationships in order to achieve the agreed monthly/quarterly/yearly sales goals.
• Responsible to understand the customer’s research application and match GenScript services and products to align with the customer’s research project requirements
• Share market knowledge with Sales, TAM and Marketing teams through weekly field feedback report
• Introduce GenScript to new markets – Industrial/Academic/Governmental
• Drive business expansion in collaboration with technical support team (TAM)
• Build and expand a business reference network to help grow and develop new business opportunities
• Master’s degree or above degree in scientific disciplines majoring in life science area; or Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of lab experiences
• Relevant sales experience required (1-5 years) and a high level of technical and professional expertise
• Knowledge of the Biological and CRO or CDMO market or general biotech industry. Emphasis on Gene Synthesis, Protein, Peptide, Bioassays, Antibody and Cell Line Products/Services preferred
• Ability to operate effectively in an international business environment and the ability to succeed in such an environment
• Ability to accurately forecast sales within territory on a weekly basis
• Good verbal and written command of the English language. Prefer multi-lingual communication skills: German, French, Spanish, Italian, or Mandarin. Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Team player. Strong analytical and time management skills