The role of Sales Manager is to drive and support sales efforts in a given territory by implementing the sales/marketing strategies for GenScript products and services. The Sales Associate/Manager will use his/her knowledge of science and the business including corporate contacts to develop and deliver profitable initiatives and build sales.
The Sales Manager will be responsible for working with the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) and Technical Account Manager (TAM) to grow and develop an assigned sales territory for GenScript product/service lines and to achieve sales goals for the assigned territory. The Sales Associate/Manager will also work closely with their RSM, TAM team and Sales team to build the GenScript brand to meet the team’s sales objectives. The Sales Manager/Executive will work 30% of the time doing quote and lead follow-up, account management and 70% of the time traveling in the field making customer visits and building relationships in order to achieve the agreed monthly/quarterly/yearly sales goals
· Working with Regional Sales Manager (RSM) to develop and implement territory sales strategies and tactics for products/services, new markets and new applications
· Work together with the RSM, technical account managers (TAM) to ensure all possible actions have been taken to secure business in a competitive environment
· Responsible to understand the customer’s research application and match GenScript services and products to align with the customer’s research project requirements
· Share market knowledge with Sales, TAM and Marketing teams through weekly field feedback report
· Introduce GenScript to new markets – Industrial/Academic/Governmental
· Drive business expansion in collaboration with technical support team (TAM)
Build and expand a business reference network to help grow and develop new business opportunities
· Master’s degree or above degree in scientific disciplines majoring in life science area; or Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of lab experiences
· Relevant sales experience required (1-5 years) and a high level of technical and professional expertise
· Knowledge of the Biological and CRO or CDMO market or general biotech industry. Emphasis on Gene Synthesis, Protein, Peptide, Bioassays, Antibody and Cell Line Products/Services preferred
· Ability to operate effectively in an international business environment and the ability to succeed in such an environment
· Ability to accurately forecast sales within territory on a weekly basis
· Team player. Strong analytical and time management skills.