The purpose of Idorsia is to discover, develop and bring more, innovative medicines to patients. We have more ideas; we see more opportunities and we want to help more patients. In order to achieve this, we will develop Idorsia into a leading biopharmaceutical company, with a strong scientific core.
Headquartered near Basel, Switzerland, the US Commercial Operations & Clinical Development teams are based near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Idorsia is committed to meet the changing needs of healthcare professionals, patients, and their families. The core of what we do is to bring creative solutions to the market based on our science and data.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will be accountable to engage in high quality scientific exchange about the science and clinical application of the Idorsia portfolio. This engagement occurs through scientific interactions with external stakeholders, delivers support to clinical development colleagues and investigators conducting clinical trials, and offers scientific support for internal stakeholders. Medical Science Liaisons are expected to interact with and provide value to and across a continuum of both Internal and External Stakeholders (R&D, Sales, and Marketing). The Idorsia MSL will be a credible representative of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals in a variety of interactions with KOL’s across their assigned region.
This MSL role is located in the New England region including Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island as well as New York. Candidates must live within the assigned region.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop relationships with health care professionals and provide them with credible, fair, and balanced scientific information about Idorsia and its products, research activities, and Idorsia product development while understanding their perspectives, including challenges when treating patients.
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders to build and execute comprehensive, dynamic territory planning with respect to the molecule, molecule life cycle and therapeutic area and territory.
- Act as a therapeutic area and product expert as evidenced by regular review of relevant literature, participation in scientific congresses and conferences, and internal therapeutic area training, and to develop competitive intelligence on other products in the therapeutic area.
- Assist in conductance of internal training and communication with the medical, brand team, and territory managers. Knowledge sharing, including KOL and site profiling, and education both internally and externally will be a key area of responsibility.
- Assist the medical affairs team in the identification of potential investigators and research projects. This may include assistance with investigator sponsored trial process, sponsored study site identification, recruitment strategies, and collaboration with clinical operations.
- MD, PhD, PharmD, or NP (NP must have clinical practice experience) required
- 2-4 years experience as an MSL, or clinical practice setting in the treatment of insomnia, required
- Insomnia, Psychiatry or CNS/Neurology therapeutic area experience preferred
- Diversified product launch experience preferred
- Skilled in clinical research and an understanding of the process of pharmaceutical product development and approval process
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time; evening and weekend work will be involved.
- A valid US driver’s license & the ability to be covered under an auto insurance policy.
- Able to function in a highly regulated environment and to adhere to all guidelines and standard operating procedures (SOPs), while responding to a variety of questions and requests from healthcare professionals
At Idorsia, we harness the power of difference, authenticity and inclusion to achieve business success. We are committed to fostering respect, fairness and equal opportunities for all job applicants and all our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
Please be informed that if you are selected for this position, your employment will be subject to a pre-employment background screening process, of which you will be informed in greater detail in due course.
Idorsia operates a strictly controlled list of preferred recruitment partners. For those partners who have no valid, signed Master Service Agreement in place with Idorsia, please note that all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or any other candidate details submitted through our website or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals (including any of its subsidiaries, affiliates or related companies) are considered the property of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals and are not subject to payment of any form of introduction, placement or referral fees.