We are seeking a highly motivated, creative and collaborative scientist to join the Cardiovascular and Renal Research Therapeutic Focus Area (TFA). The Cardiovascular and Renal Research TFA is committed to developing innovative therapeutic strategies for diseases of the circulatory system, and molecular and cellular pathways that contribute to diseases of key vascular organs. This position is specifically seeking an individual with expertise in fibrosis (tissue scarring). Our research in fibrosis in multiple organ systems has led to a particular interest in Keloid Disease, and several novel discoveries to pursue further. In this role, you will contribute to and lead projects to discover and validate novel therapeutic targets in keloid disease and other fibrotic diseases.
A typical day might include the following:
- Evaluate human genomics and genetics data in keloid and other fibrotic diseases for hypothesis generation
- Select, design and evaluate novel tools for molecular interventions in fibrotic disorders (multiple modalities such as antibodies, siRNAs, ASO's antibody-drug conjugates, AAV's and others)
- Perform molecular biology techniques (cloning, DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, qRT-PCR)
- Evaluate and select candidate promoters and antibodies to target drugs to specific tissues or cell types of interest.
- Evaluate in vivo bio distribution of novel targeted drugs using techniques such as in vivo bioluminescent imaging, RNAscope, immunohistochemistry, biochemistry, qPCR, flow cytometry, single cell RNA sequencing.
- Design and complete experiments to functionally validate novel targeted drugs in in vitro and in vivo models of fibrotic diseases including IPS-derived skin models.
- Perform advanced data analysis as well as troubleshooting under minimal supervision.
This role might be for you if:
- You enjoy working in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- You have strong organization and time management skills to effectively advance multiple projects in parallel.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- You demonstrate scientific rigor and pay attention to details.
To be considered for this position, you must have a PhD in cell biology, molecular biology, immunology or related field, with 4+ years of relevant experience including postdoctoral training or a Bachelors or Master's degree in cell biology, molecular biology or related field with 9+ years of relevant experience. Industry experience a plus. Experience in fibrosis research, skin research and in molecular biology technologies supporting research and discovery is required. Comfort/literacy with bioinformatics data analysis (genetics and gene expression) required. Combined experience with in vitro and in vivo models of skin biology and/or fibrosis biology is highly desirable. Track-record of scientific productivity is required.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$121,200.00 - $197,800.00