Who We Are:
We are a clinical stage company powering the next wave of genetic medicine through superior delivery with our next-generation lipid nanoparticle delivery platform. Our mRNA and gene editing therapeutics have the potential to directly replace or address underlying genetic mutations in a vast range of diseases starting with primary ciliary dyskinesia and cystic fibrosis. Our selective organ targeting (SORT) LNP platform is uniquely differentiated to enable the delivery of diverse genetic payloads to tissues beyond the liver.
At ReCode, we bring a unique blend of rigor, creativity, and curiosity to our high-hurdle mission. Our team is uniquely positioned to tackle this challenge, given our extensive experience in lipid nanoparticle delivery, mRNA design and optimization, mRNA manufacturing, gene editing, and rare disease drug development. We are a high performing, highly functional organization with a culture that is caring and strives to enable every member of our team to thrive.
Summary of Position:
We are seeking a highly motivated Scientist/Senior Scientist to expand our Gene Editing Platform team. This position requires adaptability, strong organizational and communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team-oriented environment. The successful candidate will be an integral part of establishing and driving our team working to pioneer the next generation of gene editing.
- Lead, design, and execute experiments aimed at developing next-generation gene editing strategies using CRISPR-based tools and beyond
- Design, execute, and interpret research requiring molecular biology techniques including cloning, qPCR/ddPCR, NGS, RNA and DNA analysis, cell culture, and other cell-based assays
- Collaboratively lead and/or supervise the development of in vitro and in vivo functional assays to assess the delivery, safety and efficacy of our therapeutics
- Generate, manage, evaluate, and maintain critical data in a highly organized manner, providing guidance and troubleshooting where appropriate
- Manage one or more direct reports; mentor additions to the team
- PhD in biology, bioengineering, or a related field with 0-6+ years of professional experience. Title and responsibilities will be based on experience
- Academic and/or industry experience in the field with a track record demonstrating significant contributions
- Prior experience with gene editing and/or mRNA-based therapeutics
- Expertise in molecular biology and cell culture techniques
- Excellent project leadership skills in driving for results and innovation; ability to execute within a matrixed organization
- Extremely organized and able to efficiently manage your time and workflow, including skillfully prioritizing both long-term projects and day-to-day responsibilities
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented, and considerate of the needs of others
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and contribute to developing the next generation of gene editing
Scientist I: 120-130K
Scientist II: 135-145K
Sr Scientist I: 150-160K
Sr Scientist II: 160-175K
*Please note that for remote positions, salary may be adjusted for cost of living
- No premium cost for employees - 100% subsidized by ReCode for full-time employees
- Company 401k contribution
- 15 days of company paid holidays, including a holiday shutdown (usually the last week of the year)
- Mental health support for employees & their families
- FSA available, including a lifestyle spending account subsidized by company
- Employee discounts at hotspots
ReCode Therapeutics (www.recodetx.com) offers a competitive compensation/benefits package with a friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development.
ReCode Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.