HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Postdoctoral Fellow Emerging Therapeutic ModalitiesLive
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world. This vital role will join an academic-style lab to train under Dr. Ryan Potts, Executive Director, Research, and Dr. Avijit Ghosh, VP, Pharmacokinetics & Drug Metabolism, amongst other leading scientists in the field of Emerging Therapeutic Modalities.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of Amgens R&D Postdoc Program Center of Excellence in Emerging Therapeutic Modalities located at our global headquarters and research site in Thousand Oaks, California.
We are hiring multiple highly motivated postdoctoral fellows to perform independent research projects as part of a core team of cross-functional scientists and critical thinkers, passionate about the theme of Emerging Therapeutic Modalities. The positions are for 2-4 years depending on time to complete projects. Successful candidates will have access to Amgens groundbreaking technologies and innovation and be encouraged to make exciting scientific contributions to the field, present at scientific conferences and publish their work. Postdocs will be a part of the broader R&D Postdoc Program that focuses on training the next generation of industry scientists. An overwhelming majority of our postdocs go on to advance their careers in industry at leading pharma and biotech companies, including many at Amgen.
We are looking for a dedicated, self-motivated individual passionate about science and making high impact discoveries to work on Emerging Therapeutic Modalities. The major focus will be in developing a unifying approach to understand how PK and PD are modulated using different routes of administration and when various therapeutic modalities are employed towards a given target. Modalities of interest may include heterobifunctional degraders, molecular glues, RNA-targeting small molecules and mAb-degrader conjugates. Comprehensive understanding of concepts of ADME, PK, PD, formulation and delivery will be important for the successful completion of this project.
Please see representative publications:
- Drug Metab Dispos. DMD-AR-2021-000798
- Drug Metab Dispos. 47(10):1097-1099
- J Med Chem. 63(12):6407-6422
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Postdoctoral Fellow we seek is a professional with these qualifications.
- PhD at the time of appointment
- PhD in biochemistry, biophysics, pharmacology, chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or similar.
- Broad knowledge of ADME and PK with demonstrated independent research eminence through first author publications in top journals
- Specific expertise and a record of publication in across multiple therapeutic modalities
- Research experience with biochemical, biophysical, molecular and cellular techniques, including enzyme and cell assay development, characterization of protein modification and turnover, and mechanistic studies of enzymes, including developing drug-target engagement assays.
- Understanding of mechanistic PK principles including drug absorption, permeability, and key factors in optimizing bioavailability of new chemical entities
- Research experience with establishing novel assays to understand the role of drug transporters in both absorption and clearance.
- Comprehensive knowledge of analytical chemistry with a focus on mass spectroscopy skills for quantitation of proteins and peptides out of biological matrices
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $77,626.00 - 86,250.00 USD.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.