About the Department
Novo Nordisk’s Market Access and Public Affairs team engages diverse stakeholders across political and healthcare landscapes to forge solutions that drive patient access to innovative products. We strive to deliver the best possible outcomes for patients with diabetes, obesity, growth hormone deficiencies and rare bleeding disorders through mutual wins for both Novo Nordisk and our Market Access customers. Our passion for helping people live better lives and our award-winning product pipeline can only be as effective as our ability to provide life-changing information to healthcare providers, key stakeholders and policymakers. Our Market Access and Public Affairs professionals ensure that the latest therapies and products reach the people who need them most, by creating an environment where innovation and chronic disease management drive optimal health outcomes. Are you ready to realize your potential?
The Director Market Access Medicare Channel Strategy is part of a team responsible for developing channel strategies that will ensure the best possible access position for existing and future Novo Nordisk Inc. (NNI) products. Identifies and delivers a deep understanding of landscape, changes, and trends in the Medicare channel across all NNI therapeutic areas. Supports execution across the healthcare ecosystem using an enterprise-wide mindset while ensuring a consistent and focused approach to NNI opportunities in the future. Focuses on the broader portfolio, inclusive of Diabetes and Obesity, and works closely with other teams within Market Access and Public Affairs, Commercial, Marketing, and Finance. Leads cross-functional project team to prepare the organization for the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA).
Reports to Senior Director, Market Access Channel Strategy. Interacts frequently in collaboration with internal management and senior level representatives, including MAPA VPs and Directors. Also, interacts routinely with colleagues across Market Access and Public Affairs, and internal stakeholders from Marketing, Medical Affairs, HEOR, Finance, Commercial, Field Sales, and other relevant departments.
- Leads and executes on overarching strategy for Medicare channel, ensuring cross-functional alignment for strategic direction to achieve short-term and long-term business objectives
- Ensures close collaboration with MAPA, Medical Affairs, HEOR, Marketing, Finance, and Field Sales to identify business needs and gaps, and develop training plans and solutions
- Collaboration with MAPA field teams to ensure relevant customer insights are fed into Channel team
- Ensures all MAPA and Field teams are equipped with the right tools, resources, programs, and information, including educating teams on dynamics within Medicare
- Ensures access strategies are aligned with Marketing regarding portfolio/brand segment positioning and messaging, and with NNI and Novo Nordisk’s long-term goals
- Recognizes opportunities and pilot initiatives to drive strategies, processes, programs, and/or engagement models
- Influences and drives organizational change and continuous innovation to enhance the effectiveness of our account management approach across business units
- Develops and oversees implementation of key success metrics to regularly assess performance and recommend strategic adjustments where/when necessary to accomplish NNI goals
- Contributes to annual brand planning and budgeting process to represent assigned channel needs across the organization
- Adheres to administrative policies and procedures and encourages others to do the same
- Responsible for leading cross-functional internal project team to prepare for the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA)
- Ability to translate impact of Medicare policies to NNI business and close collaboration with Public Affairs team to develop potential recommendations
- Track trends and events impacting the market access landscape, especially Medicare and translate into meaningful insights to provide to franchise area teams
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of Medicare (including Parts B and D) and ability to clearly communicate relevant information and insights
10-15% overnight travel required.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business or equivalent experience. MBA, PharmD, or another advanced degree preferred. Relevant experience may be substituted for degree, when appropriate
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in any of the following areas: payer/PBM, market access strategy, channel strategy, managing channel relationships, account management, value communication, or other relevant fields
- Deep understanding of the US payer environment, and how decisions are made across private & public channels, but especially with Commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid channels
- Understanding of Inflation Reduction Act
- Strong knowledge of the Medicare program and experience functioning in a strategic role, ideally while leading Medicare strategy across functional areas a plus
- Excellent relationship management skills to build and maintain positive relationships with senior leadership representatives as well as with other functions across NNI
- Requires leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate a vision and engage people in that vision
- Have strong interpersonal, communication, analytical, and project management skills
- Ability to access and influence various functional areas and motivate groups to action without direct line management responsibility
- Ability to lead large cross-functional project team without direct authority
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.