At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
We serve an extraordinary purpose. For more than 140 years, we have worked diligently to discover medicines that make life better. These discoveries start in Lilly Research Laboratories, where our scientists work to create new medicines that will help solve our world’s greatest health challenges.
At the Lilly Innovation Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts, we explore how next generation therapeutics, new technologies, data analytics and new care models can improve patient health and the healthcare system. Our team in Cambridge shares a real passion for challenging conventional wisdom and creating an environment that embraces creative, break-through concepts. The Center offers a start-up environment with large company support. It is located in the heart of Massachusetts’ exploding science and technology cluster and is within walking distance of some of the best academic and industry innovators in the world.
We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to join our Genetic Medicine team at Eli Lilly in Indianapolis IN or Cambridge MA. The successful candidate will possess a strong background in synthetic organic chemistry and experience in property/structure-based molecular design. She/he will be responsible for designing, synthesizing, and characterizing novel siRNA constructs, as well as siRNA-small molecule/peptide shuttle conjugates, with a focus on effective extrahepatic delivery. As part of a platform team, this individual will formulate chemistry strategies and conduct structure-activity relationships to advance the field of siRNA modality. Success in this role requires ability to solve complex problems, challenge the status-quo, and excel in communication and collaboration within a multidisciplinary team-oriented environment.
- Develop synthetic methodologies for novel siRNA constructs and RNA conjugates.
- Work productively and safely in the laboratory; and maintain good practice in writing experimental report in an electronic lab notebook.
- Collaborate closely with computational chemists to design novel siRNA modifications and generate structure-activity relationships for optimization.
- Contribute to design and synthesis of novel oligonucleotide monomers for novel siRNA modification by working with other team scientists.
- Engage in collaborative efforts with cross-functional teams for biochemical and cellular evaluation of both siRNAs and siRNA conjugates.
- Communicate experimental results and project progress with supervisor and at team/department meetings.
- Publish/share original research externally (presentations, peer-reviewed articles, and conferences).
- Ph.D. or expectant Ph.D. students with all completed requirements by June 2024 in synthetic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, or related field.
- Extensive knowledge of cutting-edge modern organic chemistry.
- Understanding advanced analytical and purification techniques.
- Experience in peptide and/or oligonucleotide chemistry will be preferred.
- Proficiency in independently executing research tasks.
- High learning agility in the field of new scientific concepts and drug modalities.
- Strong problem-solving skills with creative solutions in constructing complex molecular systems.
- Familiarity with computational tools (such as MOE) or collaboration experience with computational scientist is a plus.
- A proven track record of significant contributions to research projects, substantiated by first or co-authorship on peer-reviewed scientific publications.
- A track record of productive collaborations in interdisciplinary team environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.