About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on three therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as a Global Medical Unit Head - TAK-279 IBD where you will lead TAK-279 IBD Medical Strategy and Medical Plan, being accountable for its tactical implementation. Lead and direct relevant medical responsibilities by providing scientific insight and development of the strategy for TAK-279 IBD indications by participating and representing GMA in cross-functional committees to realize Takeda’s overall vision. Lead the TAK-279 IBD MST. Partners with other MST members, including Commercial and Clinical stakeholders in establishing a medical strategy that is wholly aligned with the cross-functional plan.
You will also lead GMA-driven evidence generation, taking into consideration the medical, scientific, regulatory, and commercial issues. Develop and maintain relationships externally through Advisory Boards, Professional Associations, Patient Advocacy, Professional Meetings and Conferences, and regular HCP scientific exchange, etc., to achieve Takeda’s scientific objectives. Manage budget for specific cost centers and provide direction and budget oversight. As part of the Global Medical Affairs GI team, you will report to the Global Medical Lead.
How you will contribute:
- Lead TAK-279 IBD Medical Strategy Unit (MST)responsible for generating the Global Product Medical Plan for TAK-279 IBD indications and its implementation.
- The Medical Strategy Unit (MST) group of experts from the therapy area medical group and functions such as strategy, project management, publications, research, medical information, etc.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and implement significant Global Medical Affairs (GMA) activities for TAK-279 IBD indications
- Lead clinical trial and study-related activities. Contributes to clinical research and Real-World data generation plans for TAK-279 IBD indications
- Take the lead on drafting and final writing of protocols for GMA Medical Affairs Company Sponsored studies. Acts as a Medical Lead for the GMA Medical Affairs Company Sponsored / Collaborative studies. Oversees study conduct, data analysis and disclosure, reporting/ publication.
- Partner with the Commercial and Clinical stakeholders in establishing a medical strategy for TAK-279 IBD indications
- Drive, articulate and socialize an ongoing data-driven “context check” to frame key data releases, extract and exploit value, and pre-identify and address data gaps supporting both assets and disease area assumptions (related to the context).
- Responsible for driving alignment on medical content/messaging within the organization to ensure maximal functional and regional input.
- Participate in the scientific communication plan, and further development of the publications strategy for TAK-279 IBD indications by providing scientific input, in collaboration with the publications team, external experts, authors, and internal team.
- Provide medical affairs and scientific medical communication expertise to cross-functional teams for review of abstracts, publications, medical information letters, and other medical-scientific documents, and provide medical affairs review of promotional material.
- Participate in selected LOC medical team meetings, and exchanges to implement a medical strategy for TAK-279 IBD indications.
- Collaborate on Health Outcomes projects with internal teams and external vendors, as required
- Contribute through both strategic internal and external medical education support, medical/scientific information exchange and support, as well as use medical/scientific expertise to gather medical/scientific insights supporting research/data generation activities for TAK-279 IBD indications
- Support Access teams with medical/scientific expertise.
- Provide functional leadership to contribute to the successful launch and life cycle management of a prioritized global brand.
- Provide medical leadership for external interactions with stakeholders, including key opinion leaders, advisory boards, academic groups, scientific societies, and patient advocacy groups.
- Can represent GMA as needed at Global Brand Team, Global Product Team (GPT) and other cross-functional teams.
- Responsible for review and certification of assigned brand-related clinical content material development for medical education, medical communication, publications and Key Opinion Leader (KOL) engagement plans.
- Provide medical-scientific training to internal/external stakeholders as required.
- Strategic approach focused on improving Takeda’s impact of activities addressing diversity, equity, inclusion, and health equity across the therapeutic area or portfolio.
- Support Global Medical Unit Head by providing brand input into the Specialty GI strategy document. As needed, contributes to consultation/evaluation of assets in the therapeutic area in the earlier phases of the product life cycle.
- MD required, PHD is a plus, a minimum of 10 years total pharmaceutical industry experience. At least 8 years of demonstrated leadership in a pharmaceutical Medical Affairs role. Relevant clinical practice experience, academic research, and academic experience is highly desired.
- Experience leading teams at the brand or disease area levels in country, regional or global organizations is required
- Experience in LOC, Regional and field-based roles (e.g. Medical Director, Medical Advisor, Medical Science Liaison, TA regional, Area or LOC head) is helpful
- Experience in clinical development
- Experience in the disease area of interest through clinical experience, biopharmaceutical experience or education is preferred
- Experience in leading evidence-generation activities role and at least 5 years’ experience working in the area of immune-mediated disorders, experience in Inflammatory Bowel Disease desirable
- Experience working on Global Products, engaging with International KOLs, and delivering on a multinational value proposition for the assigned product
- Deep knowledge of pharmaceutical industry dynamics and trends, including a good understanding of the life cycle of a brand from cross-functional perspectives (e.g. marketing, pricing and reimbursement, supply chain).
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills, including proven success in communicating ideas to build collaborative work relationships
- Advanced interpersonal and negotiation skills, including clear achievements in positively influencing key stakeholders
- Ability to proactively predict issues and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in complex matrix environments. Ability to drive decision-making within multi-disciplinary, multi-regional, matrix teams
- Diplomacy and positive influencing abilities
- Proven experience in and understanding of multiple regional/country markets
- Deep understanding of the brand(s)/therapeutic area and the stakeholders’ needs
- Fluency in more than one language preferred
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Base Salary Range: $238,700 – $341,000, based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
Boston, MAWorker Type