Job Title: Environmental Sustainability Reporting and Disclosure Manager
Location: Lexington or Cambridge, MA (Hybrid)
About the role:
Reporting to Takeda’s Environmental Sustainability Disclosure and Engagement Lead, this role manages the disclosure and reporting of Takeda’s environmental sustainability-related content and data, leads the annual assurance process for the accuracy and consistency of disclosed environmental sustainability language and metrics, and supports the company’s assessment and communications of existing and emerging global environmental sustainability-related regulations. The primary focus areas for the role include:
- Management of annual environmental sustainability voluntary disclosures
- Supporting the development of Takeda’s Annual Integrated Report and ESG data hub
- Management of Takeda’s environmental metric protocols, as well as its audit and assurance process
- Monitoring, interpreting and communicating current and emerging global and regional environmental sustainability related regulations
How you will contribute:
- Management of the environmental sustainability aspects of key annual disclosures such as CDP, TCFD, SASB, and EcoVadis
- Supporting the development of Takeda’s Annual Integrated Report and updating of the ESG data hub
- Supporting environmental sustainability performance reporting for internal and external communications (e.g., Takeda.com, intranet, social media, etc.)
- Leading Takeda’s annual EHS data audit and assurance process
- Leading the review and updating of Takeda’s internal environmental reporting protocols
- Tracking and communicating changes in evolving environmental sustainability and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reporting protocols and guidance (e.g. GHG Protocol)
- Monitoring, interpreting and communicating the development of significant regional and global environmental sustainability regulations (e.g. SEC, CSRD)
- Developing and rolling out an effective framework for the identification, assessment and management of all emerging environmental sustainability metrics and external reporting requirements to meet regulatory requirements
- Other related duties as assigned
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Solid understanding of global voluntary and mandatory ESG disclosure requirements (e.g. TCFD, CDP, CSRD)
- Experience with and understanding of sustainability and GHG emissions accounting and reporting
- Experience with relevant sustainability reporting frameworks and rating and ranking organizations including MSCI, ISS, Sustainalytics, etc.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- The ability to manage multiple deliverables with inter-related dependencies
- Strong organizational skills and process-driven, with an orientation toward continuous process improvement
- Ability to work independently, meet requirements and deadlines from multiple stakeholders and execute tasks strategically in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to actively listen, build/maintain effective working relationships with internal stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to explain complex technical concepts to people from non-technical backgrounds
- Ability to partner with other functions across the organization to support reporting needs
- Explore and analyze the latest data management and disclosure techniques, working collaboratively with key business areas to enhance and improve environmental sustainability data collection, analysis, measurement, and reporting
- Establishes collaborative relationships with the Global Corporate Affairs, Legal and Global Finance teams to ensure consistent reporting processes and outcomes
- Maintains high attention to detail and a strong process-driven approach
- Effective management of external consultants and vendors
What you bring to Takeda:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Communications, Environmental Management or Sustainability, Occupational Health & Safety Management, or other related communications or science/engineering degree.
- Preferred: Master’s degree in business administration, Environmental Management or Sustainability (other engineering or science-related degrees will be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar or related role
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and data management programs
- Excellent communication skills
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product. In this role, you may:
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish and/or artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
- Work in a cold, wet environment.
- Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work supplemental hours, as necessary.
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
Lexington, MAWorker Type