On a mission to bring new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently
Founded in 2016, TrialSpark is a tech-driven Pharma company differentiated by radically more efficient drug development. TrialSpark has built a technology platform that optimizes all aspects of clinical drug development, enabling more efficient trial design, faster trial completion, and higher quality trial data.
The company acquires clinical-stage drugs from pharmaceutical and biotech companies and develops them faster, unlocking greater value per program and accelerating access to new treatments for patients. TrialSpark's current therapeutic areas of focus include rheumatology, dermatology, CNS, and cardiometabolic diseases.
About the role
The Director of Engineering for Product Engineering will be accountable for Engineering strategy, design, development, and implementation of our teams that are responsible for building products to support the entirety of a clinical trial journey, from patient recruitment to submitting clinical data to a regulatory authority. Engineering leaders at TrialSpark operate along three dimensions to support business outcomes:
- Lead the Engineering teams accountable for delivering high-quality products.
- Develop and mentor Engineering Managers.
- Foster a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement among the Engineering team.
- Develop and implement best practices that drive efficiency, quality, and innovation across the organization.
- Optimize Engineering processes to achieve high levels of productivity and quality while reducing cycle time and technical debt.
- Work with other teams such as Data Platform, Site Reliability Engineering, and Validation Management to establish and improve the software development and deployment lifecycle.
- Partner with Product to define vision, strategy, and roadmap for your teams.
- Drive the execution of the roadmap by working closely with cross-functional teams.
- Ensure that products are built to be reliable and easy to maintain.
- Identify and mitigate technical risks and make sound decisions to ensure that the product is delivered on time and within budget.
As a Director of Engineering, you will not only build culture within Engineering, but uphold and promote TrialSpark’s values throughout the organization. The ideal candidate is passionate about developing quality products, enabling their team to be the best version of themselves, and committed to continuous improvement.
We offer competitive compensation because we want to hire the best people and reward them for their contributions to our mission. We pay all employees competitively relative to the New York City market, regardless of their location. In compliance with NYC’s pay transparency law and in pursuit of pay equity and fairness, we publish salary ranges for all open roles at TrialSpark. The target salary range for this role is $230,000 - $275,000.
On top of base salary, we also offer equity, generous perks, location flexibility, and comprehensive benefits – learn more about them and our compensation philosophy here.
If this range doesn’t match your expectations, please still apply because we may have something else for you.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.