Pushing the frontier of solid cancer therapy, Neogene Therapeutics is a global, clinical stage biotechnology company built on the premise of innovation and novel paradigm-changing science. Using tumor mutation profiles to engineer fully individualized T cell therapies, Neogene is bringing new hope to address the current limitations of treatments available today.
We offer the opportunity to join a highly dynamic biotech with locations in Amsterdam, Netherlands and in Santa Monica, CA. You can expect a collaborative environment created by a team with deep scientific expertise and an industrial track-record in T cell therapies.
Neogene values pro-active team-players who pursue their goals with dedication, endurance, and a daring mindset. If you share our commitment to make a difference to patients in need, we can provide an exciting opportunity for your career.
The role of the Financial Planning and Analysis, Senior Manager involves overseeing the production, development, and timely delivery of monthly management reporting, including in-depth analysis of variance and trends. Collaborating closely with Senior Director of FP&A and departmental leaders, the individual in this position will be responsible for preparing and presenting the annual budget plan and quarterly forecasts, while also engaging in business partnering various supporting departments. This role reports to the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis and is based in Santa Monica, CA
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Support with monthly/quarterly/annual close to include contract review, project analysis, capital expenditure analysis, and cash reconciliation.
- Collaborate with the Director of FP&A with general ledger and NBPT alignment on COA and dimensions to ensure a robust and compliant financial and management reporting platform that is consistent between the two systems.
- Coordinate with finance and procurement organizations to ensure accurate data entry at the initiation of the procure-to-pay process to ensure accurate planning and reporting of expenses, including clinical, project, and administrative expenses. This includes reviewing of standard and non-standard journal entries and Open Purchase Orders (POs) for reporting anomalies.
- Prepare presentations for management and group reporting.
- Lead in preparing the monthly analyses for service and CMO/CRO accruals.
- Evaluate operational processes, measure outcomes to ensure desired results, and identify opportunities to increase efficiency.
- Provide ad hoc analyses and support as needed.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, along with working knowledge of the other Office products.
- Ability to engage and build relationships with all levels of the finance team and non-finance staff.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills, capable of collaborating flexibly with others and contributing
effectively across a wide range of tasks. Problem-solving capabilities, showcasing analytical skills to analyse complex data and add value through creative solutions.
- Effective planning and prioritization skills to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and often in dynamic situations.
- Conscientious and proactive attitude, taking ownership of deliverables.
Education and Experience
- BS with a minimum of eight (8) years OR MS with a minimum of six (6) years of industry experience with a combination of corporate/management, accounting, and audit experience, preferably the Big 4 accounting firms.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) will be a plus.
- Proficiency in using SmartView and NSBP/Adaptive Planning software.
- Background in management reporting and analytical reviews.
- Experience of business partnering within the biotech, clinical, or high-tech industries.
- Prior experience in supporting finance transformation initiatives.
- Knowledge of enterprise resource planning ERP systems. Familiarity with Budgeting and Planning tools like NetSuite, Hyperion, and/or Adaptive Insights.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in Santa Monica, CA is $145,000 to $171,000. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc.
Note: At this time, Neogene is not sponsoring VISAs
At Neogene we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Neogene is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Headline: We embrace our individual differences.
"Our mission is to build a workforce reflective of our communities to be receptive to patients' broad and unique perspectives, enabling us to empathize with their needs. Together, we strive to uphold a value system that promotes:
- Opportunities for continuous learning to drive behavioral change and to be respectful of other points of view
- A collaborative culture that leverages the diverse perspectives of employees and supports courage
- Zero tolerance for discrimination
We are committed to an emotionally and psychologically safe workplace that trusts employees to boldly explore innovative solutions. We recognize that intentionally embracing diversity at Neogene, empowers us to better relate to patients, and advance our mission to deliver cures where none exist.”