The Sr. Market Development Manager, reporting to the Vice President and General Manager of Commercial, Americas, is responsible for developing and executing a strategy to advance PacBio’s core technologies in both research and clinical genomics markets within the Americas through key collaborations and partnerships. Ideal candidates for this position will have strong knowledge of genomics in rare and common disease. Clinical and oncology expertise is a plus. This individual will work with a wide variety of stakeholders, both internally and externally, to further develop our business in the genomics space, ensuring current and future needs of the markets we serve and the key stakeholders within those markets are supported. The Market Development Manager collaborates closely with a matrixed team, which includes (but not limited to): commercial, segment marketing, product marketing, finance, legal, product development, R&D and public relations. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of the next inflection point in genomics enabled by PacBio’s next generation sequencing technologies.
- Creates, develops and executes collaborations and partnerships with market thought leaders to advance corporate strategic objectives, identifying key growth opportunities that will have significant positive impact to the business in the short and long-term
- Builds close relationships with key customers, thought leaders, and industry influencers to stay abreast of emerging market trends and facilitate technology adoption
- Contributes subject matter expertise related to future market trends, supporting Segment Marketing and the Sales Team
- Collaborates with Segment and Product Marketing on VOC and product development inputs
- Works closely with the Field Sales Team and Segment Marketing to accelerate broad geographical and consortia-led genomics initiatives across the Americas
- Develops deep clinical and research market insights, including customer needs and technology landscape, communicating with appropriate internal stakeholders
- Creates and presents compelling business cases internally and externally to drive market penetration.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree or University Degree or equivalent in the life sciences or genomics. Advanced degree preferred.
- Typically 7+ years in-depth knowledge and experience in genomics markets.
- Strong scientific and technical acumen in genomics, NGS (next generation sequencing); oncology a plus.
- Strategic and creative, with ability to translate complex technical concepts into marketing messages and content that resonates with key customers and thought leaders.
- Able to effectively communicate PacBio’s vision to thought leaders and drive alignment to grow overall opportunity. Strong executive presence.
- Experience in conducting financial analysis and championing the business case with Senior Management.
- Experience of setting up complex deal structures with ability of drafting term sheet independently
- Experience managing deals from inception to completion, achieving milestones through strong leadership and collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Exceptional interpersonal skills both written and verbal, with experience effectively influencing, communicating and networking at all levels within an organization
- Flexibility to travel 30%-40%
You may be required from time to time to visit and work at PacBio locations and for such times as the Company considers necessary for the proper performance of your duties.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
$146,200.00 - $197,800.00
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions).
To ensure the health and safety of all PacBio employees and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview experience.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at PacBio. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. PacBio does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PacBio employees or any other company location. PacBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 650-521-8000, or http://firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Visit our following pages for more information on: