We are looking for a Translational/Preclinical Modeler. The person in this role develops and implements quantitative and mechanistic PK/PD models. We use these models to aid in the understanding of target biology, therapeutic modality selection/optimization. They will also contribute to early clinical trial dose selection and/or design, including human efficacious dose predictions and first-in-human dose selection.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A MODELER MAY LOOK LIKE:
- Providing expert support to pre-clinical PK/PD project representatives and R&D project teams to design, implement and interpret in vitro and in vivo quantitative pharmacology studies. This includes working with the Research PK group to optimize use of mouse PK data to inform translation to nonhuman primate and human PK.
- Effectively integrates and summarizes modeling and simulation (M&S) analyses into useable information for multidisciplinary project teams.
- Remaining informed of emerging science and literature, and effectively collaborates with subject matter experts in Clinical Pharmacology, Quantitative Pharmacology and R&D to advance M&S sciences.
THIS MAY BE THE ROLE FOR YOU IF YOU:
- Effectively work in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed team-based environment and leverages scientific reasoning to influence key collaborators.
- Have the demonstrated ability to learn new areas of biological sciences to develop quantitative and mechanistic PK/PD models for emerging therapeutic modalities.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED QUALIFIED FOR THIS ROLE YOU MUST:
Have a Ph.D. or M.S. in pharmacokinetics, pharmaceutical sciences, engineering, applied mathematics or related disciplines. A track record of applying quantitative and mechanism-based PK/PD M&S approaches to advance the discovery and development of therapeutics is vital. Greater than 4 years of pharmaceutical industry or related experience in developing and applying mechanism-based PK/PD models to guide R&D teams from early discovery to IND-stage clinical development is required. Experience using one or more M&S platforms (e.g., Phoenix NLME, NONMEN, ADAPT, MATLAB, SimBiology, etc.) is needed. We expect strong theoretical and practical foundation in pharmacokinetics, including non-compartmental, compartmental, PK/PD and PBPK.
Familiarity with biotherapeutic modalities, including monoclonal and bispecific antibodies, gene therapy, CAR-T, siRNAs and other targeting agents preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$103,600.00 - $169,000.00