We are looking for someone to develop and implement tax planning and tax risk mitigation opportunities across Regenerons business. This is a highly collaborative role, communicating with leaders and colleagues from all functional areas to optimize Regenerons tax positions in alignment with Regenerons evolving business and rapidly growing footprint. This role supports all aspects of tax planning including domestic and international planning, business development projects and other special projects, and audit readiness and support.A typical day might include:
This role might be for you if you have:
- Identify, develop and implement tax planning strategies and risk mitigation opportunities in support of Regenerons expanding business, including developing and proposing planning initiatives, modeling financial impact, leading cross-functional assessment and execution, preparing audit-ready documentation and providing audit and controversy support.
- Research, review and / or draft documentation involving complex tax issues and strategies as may be required in an expanding business, including but not limited to tax technical memoranda, operating manuals and corporate policies, and intercompany and third-party agreements.
- Support tax efficient international expansion including collaboration with tax operations team to ensure that tax accounting and compliance filings correctly reflect tax strategies.
- Provide end-to-end tax support to Business Development on third-party deals (licenses, collaborations, acquisitions and divestitures) including leading diligence to identify risks and opportunities, development of optimal deal structures, review and negotiation of legal documents and implementation.
- Provide tax input and support to cross-functional finance team, including Treasury on matters such as intercompany financing, cash management, repatriation, and hedging, and Accounting on matters such as accounting treatment of tax planning projects and documentation of tax positions.
- Collaborate closely, both internally and externally, with advisors and subject matter experts to ensure tax strategies and implementation contemplate cross-functional impact (including transfer pricing, tax operations and tax controversy)
- Monitor U.S. and foreign tax proposals, including OECD BEPS/Pillars One and Two, work with tax subject matter experts to determine the financial and operational impacts on Regeneron.
- 10+ years of experience in tax planning and strategy at law firm, accounting firm and/or corporate environment.
- J.D. or equivalent required, MBA, LLM or Masters degree in finance a plus.
- Mastery of US tax rules, in particular US international tax rules, mergers and acquisitions
- Exposure to international structures, global complexity and foreign tax rules.
- Ability to research and interpret complex US and non-US tax rules.
- Confident and personable individual, able to work collaboratively inside and outside the tax department and build bridges at all levels of the enterprise.
- Proficiency with MS Office, in particular, PowerPoint and Excel.
We are looking for someone with the personal drive and enthusiasm to both understand and successfully navigate a fast-growing company in a constantly evolving marketplace. The ideal candidate will have a hands-on and entrepreneurial style and be willing assist the team and lead projects from development through to finalization. This person is a strategic problem solver who approaches challenges with a positive attitude and drives the team towards solutions. This is a visible position with direct contact with Regeneron business leads and senior management.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$126,600.00 - $206,600.00