Senior Technical Analyst
Take the next step in your career with an organization that strategically invests in the long-term health of the company, its technology and its people. The AbbVie Business Technology Solutions (BTS) team shapes the digital transformation necessary for our treatments to positively impact patients’ lives. In the role of Senior Technical Analyst, you’ll tackle complex challenges as you develop and diversify your professional experiences while helping others grow and develop their skills.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
Providing in-depth technical expertise & direction in the development and support of client area application systems/programming requirements and processes (e.g., new, enhancements or maintenance),
Hands on technical involvement to assist with package selection and implementation efforts.
Provide comprehensive consultation to business units and IT management and staff at the highest technical level on all phases of application programming and process implementation for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g. host based, distributed systems, client server, software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.).
Translating functional specifications into technical design specifications, including but not limited to architecture diagrams, hardware and software configuration specifications, etc.
Interacting closely with the Business Systems Analysts, the client user community, and IT management and staff to identify appropriate technical solutions.
Coordinating and facilitating application design sessions with development staff.
Reviewing all technical aspects of a software implementation effort, including the monitoring of technical deliverables for consistency and quality.
Identifying technical debt and driving remediation.
Tools and skills you will use or develop in this role:
· SNOW, CMDB, LeanIX, KNEAT
· PowerBI dashboards
· Linux, Windows, Oracle, Shell Scripting, Python, GitHub, SLC.
Experiences that will make you a strong candidate for this role:
· Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years technical experience, or Master’s degree plus 4 years of experience. Will consider 9 years work experience in related technical roles.
· Working knowledge of various API patterns including SOAP, RestAPI, ftps, dblink, etc.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be able to effectively lead and facilitate meetings with customers and technical team members.
· Must be deliverable-focused and detail oriented. Must have a strong customer focus.
· Must exhibit exceptional teamwork skills.
· Experience in Cloud deployment, DevOps, and system integration.
· Experience in AWS.
· Basic familiarity with .Net, Java development.
· Experience working in research environments.
· Leading/coaching/mentoring others
If you believe you’re a great fit for this job but don’t have all of the experiences listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Why Business Technology Solutions
For anyone who wants to use technology and data to make a difference in people’s lives, shape the digital transformation of a leading biopharmaceutical company, and secure sustainable career growth within a diverse, global team: we’re ready for you.
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:
· The compensation range described below is the range of possible base pay compensation that the Company believes in good faith it will pay for this role at the time of this posting based on the job grade for this position. Individual compensation paid within this range will depend on many factors including geographic location, and we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
· We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off. (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
· This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive programs.
· This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole and absolute discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole and absolute discretion, consistent with applicable law.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.