We go where others won’t, taking on some of the biggest public health challenges to protect and enhance millions of lives, and create a better, more secure world. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect and enhance life.
Team leaders oversee projects and supervise the day-to-day operations of their team, distributing the workload evenly and ensure that motivation and performance levels are maintained.
The core part of the Team Leaders job is the coordination of the team and resources, delegating tasks, managing personnel, training and development and dealing with the day-to-day operational aspects of team management
Team leaders will occasionally have administrative tasks and batch record review responsibilities, but mainly they are employed to act as motivators, supervisors and mentors. It’s a team leader’s duty to guide the team’s vision and ensure that everything goes according to plan
• Comply with cGMP regulations, adhere to Emergent policies, and adhere to Camden’s SOP and Batch Record directions. Report any violations to Manager/Supervisor.
• Ensure all finished product is properly identified and labeled.
• Ensure all applicable paperwork and area/equipment logs are complete and verified each day.
• Coordinate equipment needs with equipment technicians to ensure availability for operational activities.
• Delegate personnel to keep up-to-date inventory of all product storage areas.
• Monitor the inventory and order components as required for the routine operation of the inspection, labeling and packaging areas.
• Works under the general supervision of the Supervisor/Manager to inspect, label, and package parenteral products at the Camden Facility. Responsible for meeting with Manager/Supervisor to discuss daily packaging tasks.
• Provide assistance with deviant investigations and provide input to root cause analysis and resolution.
• Delegate personnel to do various inspection, labeling, and packaging tasks. Review all batch records during daily operations and at the completion of assigned batch before turning into Supervisor/Manager.
• Provide personal leadership for the continuous improvement of quality and effectiveness with Production.
• Responsible for observing and following the rules and regulations outlined in the current Emergent Employee Handbook and to ensure that department members also abide by those policies. Report to Supervisor/Manager any violations of Emergent’s Employee Handbook.
• Provide support to other departments as needed when the packaging schedule permits
• Gain knowledge and be able to provide training on batch record documentation, inspection technique, defect segregation, defect detection, and any aspect of Inspection and Packaging job requirements deemed necessary by Supervision/Managment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 years experience or Educational experience beyond a High School Diploma
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.