We’re looking to hire a Project Manager to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We make substantial use of computational resources in the cloud and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials.
As a member of our Project Management Team, you’ll lead a variety of projects and initiatives working with teams across the organization by providing oversight, ensuring transparency to key stakeholders and driving successful results.
Who will love this job:
- An experienced project leader who loves overseeing details, meeting goals, and making organizational impact
- A highly organized planner who thrives on maintaining strict timelines, making sure nothing falls through the cracks, and keeping the project team well-informed
- A savvy vendor manager who can push back against providers who aren’t delivering on partnership or SOW/contract terms
- An enthusiastic and flexible collaborator who enjoys helping team members find creative solutions
- An excellent communicator who can inform senior management about project progress, issues, and risks
- A self-starter who thrives when operating cross-functionally in support of IT integrations
What you’ll do:
- Manage a portfolio of diverse projects by working with teams across the organization, including Drug Discovery, HR, Legal, Marketing, Corporate Communications, Finance, Payroll, IT, and Information Security
- Provide a business analyst/product manager lens to projects, helping team members consider goals, requirements, use cases, and, when relevant, the integration of project work with product management practices
- Meet with stakeholders throughout the organization to understand business and departmental goals, and help translate those needs into roadmaps, projects, and requirements for IT
- Work with team leads to identify and prioritize work, fill backlogs, and resolve resource conflicts
- Identify and manage inter-dependencies that may not be known at the project level, and lead efforts to develop approaches for managing such issues
- Organize and lead cross-functional meetings, distribute recaps, and follow up on action items
- Gather and present post-implementation analysis, ensuring we have the required resources and processes in place for long-term success
- Identify opportunities to improve partnering with business teams, project management process, documentation, and tools across the organization, within IT and the project management team
- Utilize enterprise project management and other tools such as Asana, JIRA, Confluence, and other applications to provide project status and reporting
What you should have:
- A four-year college degree
- At least seven years of project management experience leading technology delivery projects, building comprehensive plans, and executing them to completion
- Background managing SaaS implementations, technical integrations, software and hardware rollouts
- Robust vendor and contract management experience
- Knowledge of and comfort with multiple project management methodologies and ability to adapt them to the realities of different work streams (Agile, Scrumban, Waterfall)
- Familiarity with Asana, Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence), and other project management software
- Business analysis or product management experience a plus
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have regular catered meals in the office, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Office Management team also plans a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been included in Crain's New York Best Places to Work, BuiltIn's NYC Best Place to Work, and Newsweek's list of America's 100 Most Loved Workplaces.
Estimated base salary range: $137,000 - $175,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.