About the Job:
The Market Access Insights team utilizes data analytics and market research to assess the performance of AbbVie and competitive brands to inform strategy. This team closely collaborates with internal stakeholders from Brand Market Research/Analytics, Market Access Marketing/Sales and Brand Marketing to conduct research and analytics that identify commercial opportunities and threats, support the development of payor and other market access stakeholder strategies and tactics, enable continuous learning from ad-hoc analyses, and ensure stakeholder alignment across brand centric research and analytics.
Individuals on this team will excel at combining insights across these sources to clearly communicate trends and opportunities while providing input to market access strategy for existing and pipeline products. Ideal candidate will also be knowledgeable of key pharmaceutical data including IQVIA, SHA, Truven etc. as well as the payor landscape for pharmacy and medical products in the U.S.
This individual will play an important role in the continued success and growth of the AbbVie portfolio within U.S. Market Access.
- Testing, refining, and researching analytical methods to optimize forecasting models and methodologies.
- Developing an understanding of business strategies in each customer segment; build strong working relationships with business partners in each segment; understand how product strategy drives analytics required for each franchise
- Modeling customer response to potential contracting negotiations, new product launches, and changes in healthcare regulatory environment.
- Interfacing with key customers to share results of contract analyses, and influence decision-making
- Providing analyses via periodically generated reports on key metrics and trends to Sales and Marketing Leadership teams, and other internal customers.
- Gathering data from multiple sources (e.g., customer rebates, chargebacks, IQVIA, SHA etc.) and update existing analysis tools and core data.
The individual in this role should have the following background:
Bachelor's degree in a technical or science field
Minimum of 5 years of quantitative analysis
Working knowledge of multivariate statistics (incl. deriving causality from observational datasets), applied machine learning techniques, business intelligence tools (Tableau, PowerBI, Dataiku, etc.), and Excel and Powerpoint
Ability to creatively problem solve and then demystify complex information for stakeholders
Ability to influence without authority at times and communicate effectively
Ability to build strong partnerships while advancing practices
Intrinsically driven with a bias for action; proactive self-management and prioritization skills
Comfort navigating ambiguity at times and resourceful at achieving objectives
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.