12 Hour, Day Shift, 6:00am to 6:30pm
• Adhere to Abbvie’s code of conduct • Maintains the function of department assets to ensure reliable equipment and quality standards are met.
•Assists in root cause investigation and reliability centered maintenance analysis • Capable of training others on tasks. • Must begin to demonstrate proficiency in multiple skilled trade disciplines
• Intermediate computer skills (MS Windows) • Fully proficient in their core function, performing advanced level tasks • Assist cross functional teams outside of the maintenance organization
• Supports continuous improvement projects and safety initiatives within the maintenance organization and/or the site.
• Understands and follows all safety and GMP regulations • Assist cross functional teams outside of the maintenance organization
• Performs all types of mechanical maintenance work on a variety of equipment and systems including production and facility equipment.
• Work includes troubleshooting, ordering and installation of parts and material on various equipment.
• Does preventive maintenance work on all plant equipment including air handlers, utility distribution equipment located throughout the plant. Will perform predictive maintenance where applicable.
• Work may be on new equipment or rearrangement and/or retrofitting of existing equipment and accessories.
•Performs light machining work on machine lathes and milling machines, etc., to make basic shafts and cut keyways, etc.
•The Sr. Mechanic will work as a multi-skill tradesperson, doing electrical, pipefitting, building maintenance and/or other work on special assignments as requested by management.
• Assists in ensuring that GxP and safe work policies and procedures are followed and maintained at all times in accordance with established company policies.
• Knowledge and ability to use basic power tools and ability to apply proper hand and measuring tools in an industrial setting.
•YHS diploma with 5+ yrs. experience or Relevant Certificate with 3+ yrs. experience or Associates technical degree with 1+ yrs. experience.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.