Take the next step in your career with an organization that strategically invests in the long-term health of the company, its technology and its people. The AbbVie Business Technology Solutions (BTS) team shapes the digital transformation necessary for our treatments to positively impact patients’ lives. In the role of Sr. Data Engineer, you’ll tackle complex challenges as you develop and diversify your professional experiences while helping others grow and develop their skills.
In this role you'll be responsible for:
- Understanding organization's vision, goals, and strategies with deep technical experts on the data engineering practices, while maintaining knowledge on industry innovations, trends and practices to deliver solution in agile methodology.
- Developing and maintaining scalable reusable data pipelines for both streaming and batch requirements to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity for user accesses via dashboard report, self-service data platform to structured and unstructured data.
- Data processing & QC checks across multiple layers of data warehouses, combination of multiple internal and external data sets.
- Onboarding, consolidating, cleansing, and structuring data for efficient use in reports, analytical applications, and machine learning models.
- Performing data analysis and reconciliation on datasets of varying sizes and complexities.
- Seeking ways to reduce business as usual application related costs and increase efficiencies of data operations.
Tools you will use in this role:
- Languages and databases
- ETL, SQL, Python, PySpark, SnowPark etc.
- ETL Orchestration Tools
- Informatica (IICS and PowerCenter), AWS Glue, AWS Airflow and AWS Appflow
- Data Quality Frameworks
- Pydeeq, Great Expectations
Experiences that make you a strong candidate for this role:
Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years’ experience; Master’s Degree with 5 years’ experience; PhD with 0 years’ experience.
- Experience in Lifesciences commercial operations domain is preferred, but not required
- Proven experience designing and implementing solutions in modern data warehouses ( Snowflake) including data modeling, schema design, and performance optimization.
- Strong proficiency in relevant languages and databases (SQL, PySpark, Python, SnowPark etc.) for data manipulation, data storage and automation tasks.
- Solid understanding of ETL/Orchestration tools (Required: Informatica ETL(IICS and PowerCenter) and AWS Glue Preferred: AWS Airflow and AWS Appflow)
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams towards task completion.
- Experience in Business Intelligence tools such as PowerBI and ThoughSpot; experience in Dataiku and Tableau is a plus.
- Experience working with cross functional teams, third party service providers and vendors.
If you feel you are a great fit for this role but don't have all of the experiences listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Why Business Technology Solutions
For anyone who wants to use technology and data to make a difference in people’s lives, shape the digital transformation of a leading biopharmaceutical company, and secure sustainable career growth within a diverse, global team: we’re ready for you.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.