HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Principal Scientist, High-Throughput Drug Product DevelopmentLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role, you will work within the Pivotal Drug Product Technologies group as a Principal Scientist leading the identification and implementation of high-throughput analytics in support of formulation and process development, lending your expertise to products across Amgens pipeline.
- Help shape the functions development strategy as it seeks to increasingly employ high-throughput methods and instrumentation.
- Identify new analytical technologies and/or material handling systems that will drive agile formulation and process development, enabling speed to clinic and market.
- Manage a lab-based team supporting the execution of high-throughput development studies.
- Expand the utilization of advanced IS systems to improve drug product design through faster data availability, statistical analyses, use of historical information, and improved visualization.
- Serve as a thought leader on late-stage portfolio advancement projects and business initiatives related to drug product design, formulation, and process development.
- Deliver progress reports and presentations to ensure management awareness and engagement on the status, progress, and future of program and functional needs.
- Work effectively in a highly matrixed team environment to influence and inspire change, efficiency, and foster positive relationships.
- Required to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The expert professional we seek is a strong contributor with these qualifications.
- Bachelors degree and 7 years of Scientific experience OR
- Masters degree and 5 years of Scientific experience OR
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of Scientific experience
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Pharmaceutics, Biotechnology, Analytical Science or related subject area.
- 5+ years of biopharmaceutical experience that includes elements of protein analytics, formulation, fill/finish process development, process characterization, and technical authoring.
- Experience with high-throughput analytical systems, including robotic systems, highly automated workflows, and the analysis and presentation of complex data sets.
- Technical leader with demonstrated results in implementing novel technologies and workflows.
- Knowledge of, and hands-on experience with, bringing new biotech products to market, across dosage forms and modes of delivery.
- Strong problem solving and effective multi-functional interpersonal skills.
- Willing and able to learn new technologies at a rapid pace.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is$136,337 - $160,613.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.