Principal Scientist/Director of Preclinical Development
Hinge Bio, Inc. is a privately-held biotechnology company leveraging its powerful GEM-DIMER™ platform to develop therapeutics that address the problems of resistance, inadequate efficacy, and side effects in the fields of inflammatory disease, cancer and infectious disease. GEM-DIMER™ technology is broadly applicable to all antibody-based therapeutics and antibody-based cellular therapies that would benefit from the ability to engage multiple targets with high affinity.
The GEM-DIMER technology uniquely enables (i) cooperative binding to disease targets allowing for orders-of-magnitude enhanced activity and (ii) greater degrees of multivalency and multispecificity than possible with conventional approaches, to produce molecules with entirely new functionality for superior safety and efficacy.
Hinge Bio is seeking a creative and accomplished Principal Scientist/Director to support advancement of immunotherapy candidates to IND-filings for autoimmune diseases. The initial focus will be to advance available GEM-DIMER candidates through preclinical studies and IND-filings, while the Principal Scientist/Director is also expected to contribute to the identification and prioritization of new candidates both in autoimmunity and immuno-oncology. The position provides the opportunity to join a creative, energetic and innovative research and development team. She/he will report to the company’s Chief Development Officer and is expected to contribute to all aspects of the programs from early discovery to development.
The position is based at Hinge Bio’s labs and offices in Burlingame, CA, with the expectation of regular on-site presence.
- Leading and collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team of internal scientists and external advisors to develop therapeutic candidates to IND filings.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team, collaborating closely with CROs.
- Design and direct the execution of preclinical characterization and IND-enabling studies of therapeutic candidates, initially with a focus in autoimmune diseases.
- Support and author IND-filing documents.
- Interpret complex results and provide input supporting the discovery and preclinical development of GEM-DIMER candidates.
- Author publications and patents as required and present their research at scientific/medical conferences.
- Facilitate scientific and strategic decision-making in partnership with the senior management team.
- Ensure integrity, quality, and timely delivery of results.
- A Ph.D. in Immunology, Cell Biology, Pharmacology or related field with at least 5 years of industry experience.
- A strong immunology background in inflammation and/or autoimmunity with a deep mechanistic understanding of key disease drivers in autoimmune diseases.
- Additional experience in immuno-oncology is considered a plus.
- Knowledge and background in research and development of antibody therapeutics, experience coordinating CRO interactions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working within a collaborative, matrixed team - capable of effective project management including setting goals and priorities, planning and executing research.
- Demonstrated scientific productivity as evidenced by a strong record of advancing drug development candidates, and/or through high-impact publications, presentations, and patents.
- A ‘getting things done’ mentality, pro-active, enthusiastic and goal oriented.
Hinge Bio is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.