Director, Teams Coach Gilead Team System Office
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
The Director, Teams Coach will serve as a critical member of the Gilead Team Systems Office (GEO), maximizing team system setup and effectiveness across the drug development lifecycle from early stage to commercial launch and beyond. As a Team Coach, you will support advancement of principles, practices, and metrics for continual evolution of the team system.
The Teams Coach will work with various team leaders (e.g., Program Strategy Leader, Global Development Leader, Commercial Leader), team members and leaders across functions to advance greater agility and improved decision-making that drives Gilead's portfolio success. They will serve as a GEO business partner with Functions (e.g., Development/ Commercial/ Manufacturing), and be immerged in strategic, and operational elements, leading, and driving GEO business-critical projects. Lastly, as a Teams Coach, you will be a dynamic, experienced individual with a deep understanding of drug development through commercialization, strong track record of strategic and operational work experience and successes across a variety of settings and topics in the pharmaceutical/ biotech industry.Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide team leaders with leadership development and team optimization services for themselves and the teams they lead, Gilead Team System onboarding and training, and help in navigating the enterprise
- Act as a central point with external coaches and coordinate leadership development opportunities for Leadership roles (Program Strategy Leader etc.)
- Provide team members with resources and tools to maximize team health across the drug development lifecycle from early stage to commercial launch and beyond
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to better develop and support functional representatives to teams
- Contribute to the ongoing development of team members, sharing expertise and identifying opportunities for team members to grow as leaders
- Manage the feedback network and develop recommendations for the continued evolution of the Gilead team system
- Support the GEO mailbox and coordinate communication with the organization
- Strong collaboration, teamwork and relationship-building skills across multiple levels and functions in the organization
- Strong coaching skills and deep expertise in agile teams and innovation team effectiveness
- Highly collaborative instincts with a demonstrated track record resolving conflicts with others
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a variety of stakeholders and technical experts across all levels of the organization
- Comfort with working in an environment of uncertainty and complexity
- Demonstrated ability to coach, influence, and mentor senior leaders
- Ability to work well under pressure and influence without authority
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA or higher degree preferred.
- 12+ (BS), 10+ (Masters), or 8+ (PhD) years of innovation leadership with significant expertise in agile ways of working in non-software companies
- Resourceful leader with strong emotional intelligence
- Coaching certification considered a plus
- Willingness to travel as needed
The salary range for this position is: $214,795.00 - $277,970.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.