The HR Manager is a strategic and trusted partner to the organization, helping to shape our culture, support our business strategies and acquiring and developing the talent necessary to make a remarkable impact on AbbVie and patients around the world. This role is responsible for leveraging best-in-class HR practices to continually construct, deliver, and support programs that establish AbbVie as an employer of choice while empowering all employees at all levels of the organization. This role will serve as a strategic partner to a number of our AbbVie Global Regulatory Affairs VPs, developing HR strategies, needs assessments, and resulting HR solutions for a global organization.
The Global Regulatory Affairs Organization provide strategic and tactical operational guidance and support related to Health Authority (HA) regulations globally, to advance the development, approval and delivery of safe and effective healthcare products for our patients. We are seeking a passionate leader to help us define and implement the HR strategy through coaching, leadership development, succession planning, talent management and more.
Main areas of responsibilities:
- Human Resources Partner to a number of Vice Presidents of our Global Regulatory organization.
- Serve as the primary strategic partner to the business leader and their global organization, developing HR strategies, needs assessments and resulting HR solutions. Coach/mentor and consult senior leaders on leadership development, culture, succession planning, and talent management.
- Responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of all HR programs and services. Responsible for successful delivery of day to day and long-term HR initiatives and results in the business, including client satisfaction, HR effectiveness and associated financial results.
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with key HR partners globally from various HR Centers of Excellence to ensure elements of HR are successfully coordinated to meet business needs, including relationship management, leadership, HR roles/responsibilities, and service delivery commitments.
- Utilize competency model and assessment tools to conduct manager talent assessment and deliver reports to detail potential motivators and areas of improvement to support talent development.
- Assist or lead proposals and recommendations to resolve strategically important issues affecting the business.
- Must be able to understand and utilize historical and broad organizational data when weighing business HR decisions and actions. Utilize ability to identify trends and new approaches in HR and develop new approaches to business processes. Responsible for initiatives and changes to current business processes must have a clear linkage with other organizational efforts being proposed or already ongoing in the respective business.
- Assist in the diagnosis, development and delivery of HR strategies, programs and services that influence and drive the needs of the respective business. Utilize skills in data analysis and survey results analysis to help generate insights around talent, culture and engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial and Labor Relations or in a highly related field of study required, Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 8 years of related experience.
- Experience in conducting job evaluations, job and decision rights analysis and analyzing employee data to develop a comprehensive workforce strategy.
- Experience with utilizing competency models and assessment tools such as 360 assessment tool and other talent tools to drive manager talent assessment and deliver reports to detail potential motivators and areas of improvement to support talent development.
- Experience in data analysis and survey results analysis to help generate insights around talent, culture and engagement.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.