Director, Clinical Pharmacology, Inflammation/ Oncology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
As a Director within the Clinical Pharmacology Group at Gilead, you will have significant responsibility and accountability for clinical pharmacology programs in Inflammation/ Oncology. As a member of the Clinical Pharmacology team you will have unparalleled opportunity to be involved with every aspect of the product development process, from first-in human through approval, including post-marketing activities. In this role, you will have the advantage of providing input into a breadth of products within and across your area of responsibility. We seek to provide a fun and rewarding career and a continuous learning experience. Your tasks and responsibilities will include:
Specific education, experience and skills required for this role:
- Leading clinical pharmacology studies of the highest complexity
- Providing strategic leadership and demonstrating accountability for the clinical pharmacology programs supporting Phase 1-4 clinical development for development compounds in your therapeutic area
- Developing and implementing new clinical pharmacology tools and technologies to drive smarter drug development for programs.
- Representing the department and providing subject matter expertise on cross-functional project teams
- Developing and maintaining collaborative working relationship with colleagues within and outside the department
- Supervising, developing and mentoring junior level scientists, both direct reports and via matrix structure in clinical pharmacology teams
- Authoring/reviewing/approving clinical protocols, analysis plans, study reports and regulatory submissions
- Developing high quality clinical pharmacology plans and content for global regulatory submissions, including INDs, IBs, NDAs, MAAs and pediatric plans
- Maintaining and establishing relationships and agreements with contract vendors
- Evaluating departmental and broader organizational SOPs as fit for purpose, in compliance with current scientific standards and regulatory requirements
- Ensuring adherence to agreed timelines and budgets to insure prompt and accurate execution of deliverables from clinical pharmacology studies and programs
- Understanding the impact of decisions and actions on the business and consulting with colleagues and management as applicable
- Participating in and collaborating with individuals from across the business in special projects
- Developing and presenting training within and outside the department
- At least 8 years' experience and a, PhD, PharmD or MD degree with emphasis in clinical pharmacology, pharmacokinetics or a related scientific discipline
- In-depth knowledge of pharmacokinetic and other analysis software programs (e.g. WinNonlin, GraphPad, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of current and emerging scientific standards regulatory requirements for assigned territories
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to convey complex technical information clearly
- Confidence and ability to present to and influence senior leaders
- Ability to critically analyze problems and provide creative solutions
- Confidence and discipline to work autonomously
- Genuine curiosity and drive to ask questions - looking for the ‘why' of every project
- Desire to strive for continuous improvement
The salary range for this position is: $214,795.00 - $277,970.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.