Azure Cloud Architect II
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North, South and Central America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. Gilead makes it a priority to increase access to its medicines for people who can benefit from them, regardless of where they live or their economic status.Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Act as System Manager for Gilead's Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Establish and maintain a well-architected Azure Cloud platform for mission critical Gilead workloads
- Garner, develop and maintain GxP compliance for Gilead Azure platform
- Azure Cloud core services development (design, development and delivery of technical code)
- Collaborate with various teams across Gilead including lines of business, security, storage, networking, etc.
- Develop and publish Infrastructure and Application Architecture designs
- Assist with ServiceNow implementation, workflow design and overall adoption / improvement
- Ensure the Gilead Azure Cloud platform meets operational needs for high availability while controlling costs
- Build automation for CI/CD and to reduce manual processes
- Provide regular updates to management through metrics and status reports
- Subject matter expert in Public Cloud Infrastructure Architecture as it relates to compute, network and storage
- Associate's Degree and Twelve Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Ten Years Experience OR Master's Degree and Eight Years Experience OR PhD and Two Years Experience
- Advanced knowledge of Public Cloud services from MS Azure, AWS or GCP experience a plus
- Design, setup and support skills for Azure Cloud adoption
- Expertise with Windows, Linux, automation, role-based access control, authentication, Cyber Security requirements and cloud support
- Advanced coding skills in multiple languages (Microsoft VSCode, Microsoft VS, .NET/C#, PowerShell, Python, Java) to design and deliver Azure Cloud core services
- Deep knowledge in Public Cloud Infrastructure and Application Architectures
Gilead Core Values: Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Professional certifications a plus (Public Cloud, Architecture, Program Management etc.)
- Citrix virtual desktop design / administration
- Managing public facing Websites, preferably SiteCore
- Experience with waterfall and agile development methodologies
- Strong root cause analysis skills to troubleshoot and resolve support escalations for Azure Cloud core services
- Knowledgeable in all facets of compute, network, storage, and security for Azure Cloud platform
- Develop and publish Infrastructure and Application Architecture designs
- ITSM subject matter expertise to assist with the implementation, governance and improvement of ServiceNow
- Reporting and Analytics development skills, use of tools like Quicksight, ThoughtSpot, PowerBI
- Basic Program Management skills - set up meetings, facilitate, assign actions, track/ follow up and reporting
- Proficient with MS DevOps, GitHub experience a plus
- Healthcare or life sciences industry experience
Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
Teamwork (Working Together)
Excellence (Being Your Best)
Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
The salary range for this position is: $168,980.00 - $218,680.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit:
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.