The Global packaging & device assembly operations organization is seeking a Senior Project Engineer to lead the management and execution of projects throughout the full project lifecycle. Projects include a diverse range of multi-million capital and expense projects supporting tech transfers, process optimizations, equipment and capacity upgrades across the 10 global packaging sites within the IME network. The role has a broad range of responsibilities from financial and scope management, coordination of cross functional stakeholders, procurement, scheduling, design, risk management, prioritisation with exposure to senior management as they execute projects to meet our overall strategy.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and policies and procedures. Ensures quality and effectiveness of key results of major projects within function through sound design, early risk assessments, and implementation of fallback strategies. Has full awareness of the potential consequences (defects and failure modes) of design changes to established processes. Mitigates risk within functions through sound design, early risk assessments and implementation of fallback strategies.
- Identifies, plans, and conducts medium- to large-size projects across engineering disciplines requiring custom, risk-managed execution plans, investigations, and/or equipment. Makes difficult decisions regarding priorities between projects. Responsible for achieving the project's financial targets in support of business objectives and life cycle costs.
- Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- A Bachelors Degree in Engineering, science, or closely related discipline is desired, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence, with a desired 10+ years of significant engineering and/or operational experience. A post-graduate education/degree is desired, and may contribute towards the desired years of experience.
- Has demonstrated excellence in breadth and depth within discipline and across disciplines.
- Has a career history marked by a consistent series of technical contributions and accomplishments. Significant contribution to product or process development or improvement through creative application of technical effort will equally be recognized.
- Possesses a strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures. Works on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors. Exercises judgment and advises management as to the appropriate actions.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Has a technical background in health care, medical devices, pharmaceutical, biologics, or similar industries (preferred).
- Has demonstrated competency with financial systems and in fiscal control.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.