Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist in Analytical Development in our San Diego, CA labs.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Provide theoretical and experimental input to the design, development, implementation of novel analytical methods to support research projects relating to the development of synthetic (small molecules and oligonucleotide-based) therapeutics. Contribute to multiple projects, generating and analyzing complex data independently to help guide project direction and decisions. Communicate findings to manager/department/cross functional project teams and proactively offer ideas for troubleshooting and/or next steps for potential resolutions. Represent line function on cross functional Pharm Sci. teams as appropriate/necessary. This position reports into the Analytical Development function in Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Independently develop and implement analytical methods to quantitate and characterize proprietary small molecules and oligonucleotides.
- Understand project timelines and deliverables and plans/coordinate project work accordingly with departmental, functional, and external stakeholders.
- Perform complex research lab assignments independently
- Prepare and present technical information at team meetings.
- Hands-on experience with various analytical methods such as GC, LC, LC-MS/MS, etc. to support analysis
- Troubleshoot non-routine methods, instrumentation, or software issues and recommend systems, processes, or changes within project scope to meet objectives.
- Use of and enablement of Takeda systems (Compound Management, software, LIMs) to increase knowledge base and implement improvements to innovate workflow and knowledge.
- Work cross functionally to build internal capabilities.
- Represents functional area on cross functional teams communicating Pharmaceutics Research activities and milestones
- Participate in external interactions and collaborations to support method development, transfer, and analysis.
- Serve as a technical resource for the Team and leverage expertise in laboratory technology as a functional resource/trainer.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills - Able to troubleshoot critical issues and instrumentation, and determine causes and possible solutions
- Teamwork - Ability to work well in a highly cross functional team environment and across global line functions
- Communication Skills -Able to express oneself clearly and concisely within team; document issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues; adjust communication style as appropriate for the audience; timely and effectively communicate issues to supervisor; technical writing skills to support authorship of internal technical documents
- Organization - Exercise good time management and prioritization skills
- Knowledge Sharing - Ability to capture organizational knowledge; improve solutions, processes, and deliverables through use of information; improve information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables, and models for others to use
- Resource Management -Ability to manage one’s time within individual, departmental, and corporate goals, and timelines; management of internal and external resources (vendors)
- Technical - Proven track record of scientific contributions in the development of analytical methods. Biotech and pharma experience. Preference may be given to applicants with experience with oligonucleotides in addition to traditional synthetic molecules.
Education and Experience
- PhD degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering, or related pharmaceutical science with 1+ years relevant experience, or
- MS degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering, or related pharmaceutical science with 6+ years relevant experience, or
- BS degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering, or related pharmaceutical science with 8+ years relevant experience
- Demonstrated involvement in professional community evidenced by presentation of scientific posters or lectures at professional conferences or events
- May require approximately 5-10% travel.
Location: San Diego - Hybrid
Base Salary Range: $105,000 - $150,000Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
This position is currently classified as “hybrid” in accordance with Takeda’s Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
San Diego, CAWorker Type