Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine?
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The Cell Engager team of Takeda's Oncology Drug Discovery Unit is looking for a lab-based scientist to join a collaborative and dynamic team. Contribute to pre-clinical projects by developing well-defined mechanistic experiments and projects within oncology research. The candidate should have a foundation in immunology and/or cancer biology with proven skills in molecular biology and in vitro/exvivo assays in oncology drug discovery reserach. The candidate will play a critical role in supporting key pipeline programs tied to Gamma Delta concepts as well as other immune engaging mechanisms. The position will require the individual to be hands-on. The individual will collaborate and demonstrate effective communication and documentation of results with key stakeholders in the ODDU (IOI, C2H) GB, DSRE, DMPK, Translational teams and CTI. Provides theoretical/conceptual input to the design, development and execution of well-defined projects within the area of expertise. The candidate should be able to independently design, develop and execute research assignments, contributing to multiple project in early staged matrix project team.
- Contribute to pre-clinical projects by developing well-defined mechanistic experiments and projects.
- Independently design and execute functional in vitro assays to understand the mechanism of action included but not limited to , including target tumor antigen expression, T cell immunophenotyping, T cell dependent cytotoxicity and cytokine release.
- Analysis, interpretation, and presentation of data to important partners, and play an active role in the subsequent scientific discussions leading to important decisions and program-ensuring next steps
- Initiate investigation of new experimental approaches to specific problems using scientific theories, data from internal/external partners, and technical literature
- Propose novel projects based on internal/external results and published reports.
- Help with external collaborations/CROs and establish new protocols
- Uses defined practices and theoretical knowledge to perform analysis, interpret results and determine appropriate action
- Utilizes relevant information, technology and resources, contributing to complex team problem resolution and objectives
- Interprets results of complex experiments
- May lead a Pre-PS concept
- Prepares and presents comprehensive technical or project reports and formal presentations / posters to full range of internal/external audiences
- Demonstrates theoretical knowledge of discipline
- Keeps current with emerging trends in discipline
- Independently manages own workload
- Scientifically independent
- Conducts scientific presentations to internal audiences
- Receives high level instructions on all work, determines methods on new assignments, works closely with manager, may manage junior staff
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline (no post doc experience required);
- MS with 6+ years experience, or BS with 8+ years experience with prior biotech or industry experience is strongly preferred
- Candidate must have hands-on basic experience with tissue processing, molecular biology techniques (PCR, Gibson assembly, cloning etc), ELISA, MSD and other standard cell based and non-cell based biochemical assays. Running and analyzing multi-color flow cytometry is strongly preferred
- Experience with biologics is preferred (Antibodies, ADCs, Cell therapeis etc)
- Experience with data analysis software, such as GraphPad Prism and FlowJo
- Demonstrate scientific leadership from the lab within project teams.
- Excellent team player with a can-do attitude with an ability to thrive in a dynamic “biotech- like” environment and work in cross-functional project teams
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Base Salary Range: 102,200.00 to 146,000.00. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
Boston, MAWorker Type