HR Business Partner, Senior Director- Global Supply Chain and Product & Portfolio Strategy Organization
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Job DescriptionCompany Overview
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Europe and Australia. We are committed to transforming the promise of science and technology into therapies that can make a meaningful different in patients' lives. We are focused on advancing treatments for - and potentially curing - some of the world's most difficult and complex illnesses and bringing these scientific innovations to people in need. A focus on areas of high unmet needs, including: HIV, HBV, HCV, Oncology, and Inflammatory diseases.
We are seeking a Senior Director, HR Business Partner
to partner with the Global Supply Chain and Product & Portfolio Strategy Organizations. Reporting to the Vice President (VP) of Human Resources for Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing (PDM), the Senior Director will be accountable for being Gilead's HR lead for both the Global Supply Chain & Product & Portfolio Strategy Organizations and will be the lead HRBP to the Senior Vice Presidents (SVP) of each function. S/he will partner with the cross-functional leadership team in setting the long-term people strategy, planning, and execution within the function. The Supply Chain Organization combined with the Product & Portfolio Strategy is ~200 employees and contractors. Both of these groups are being created in Gilead and will require significant organization design, talent identification/evaluation and change management capabilities. Beyond the functional responsibilities, the SD, HR will be a key member of the Global PDM HR Leadership Team.Role Responsibilities:
- Acts as strategic partner and consultant to senior management, helping to shape and execute on client area integrated people and culture strategy
- Employs strong business acumen and ability to translate strategic priorities to identify functional people needs, assesses resourcing and organizational implications, and considers cross functional interdependencies
- Partners closely with business leaders to cultivate talent and strategies for building bench strength for business-critical roles and future based organizational capabilities
- Facilitates flawless execution, project & change management of annual people processes and programs, including delivery of HR Services involving talent acquisition, performance management, talent reviews, and compensation planning
- Is a champion of Inclusion & Diversity, with a passion for building a diverse and inclusive work culture and employee experience
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- In partnership with Employee Relations and Employment Law functions, advises leaders and managers on employee matters, making or recommending appropriate pathways and/or decisions, which may be significantly complex
- Stays current on internal and external trends and peer/comparison group data to consult and share insights with business leaders in order to enable critical decisions and/or recommend leading-edge solutions related to talent engagement, attraction and retention
- Has a keen understanding of future state organizational needs and supports necessary transition from legacy to future process, practices and mindset
Qualifications and Education:
- Proactive approach and professional judgment to self-initiate work with minimal need for specific direction
- Strong analytical capabilities, effective at diagnosing organizational issues and demonstrated skill in use and application of data in storytelling and solutioning
- Ability to balance strategic elevation with detail orientation and develop solutions to a wide range of highly complex problems
- Accustomed to working in a fast-changing and dynamic environment where accountability, change agility, urgency and responsiveness are valued
- Experience with organization design, change management
- Experience operating in a matrix environment, and history of building strong trust partnerships across HR Centers of Excellence, functional partners and at all levels of leadership
- Excellent consulting, influencing, change management and interpersonal communication skills
- 12+ years of relevant experience in HR and a BA or BS degree, preferably with an emphasis in HR or Business.
- A Master's degree can be substituted for 2 years of relevant experience.
Minimal (up to 15%) domestic travel may be requiredGilead Core Values:
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Apply online today at www.gilead.com/careers
The salary range for this position is: $230,860.00 - $298,760.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.